Quality tuna and a “reconnect” – this post is Woodgrain’s faul

asaxon

Reaction score
I go down to Seaforth Landing in San Diego for the last of three yearly trips with a fishing group I run and as I’m wandering about the dock waiting for the boat to arrive, somebody yells out; “Hey Andy?” I look but don’t recognize the disreputable fellow but then it dawns on me, it’s “Woodgrain”; Woody R from JHO. I hadn’t seen him since we hunted doves in Hades with LtDan and Kevin R. We chatted and I learned he is no longer with CA DFW etc. and then he made me promise to put a post on JHO re our trip even though I generally don’t post fishing stuff. So here it is – blame Woodgrain

We should have known we were in for a special trip when sunrise had the beams of light coming thru the clouds like the church scene from “The Blues Brothers.” The 16 of us caught thirty four 60-80 lb. yellow fin and blue fin tuna and two “small” 20-30 lb. fish. We quit early as we had as much fish was we could handle.

View attachment 88662View attachment 88663View attachment 88664View attachment 88665View attachment 88666View attachment 88667View attachment 88668View attachment 88669View attachment 88670View attachment 88671
I would add that the "tag" on the fish I am holding is a joke. We do NOT tag individuals fish, all fish belong to everyone - they all go in the hold and everyone gets an equal share of the fish so it is all for one, one for all and I just keep telling them, "catch me more fish".

Last edited:

scottmarine

Reaction score
Wow you have some amazing adventures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KTKT70

Reaction score
Nice stuff Andy. You are the most lucky man I have ever come across. Thank you for another great story. Not as much ch jokes and funny stuff but that's ok. This was more of a get down to the good stuff kind of story. Congrats to everyone. That is how things should be done. Keep them coming Andy, we all like living the dream along with you through your wonderful story writing.

Oh and as always.. :smiley_green_with_e:smiley_green_with_e:smiley_green_with_e

ltdann

Reaction score
Ahh, that dove hunting trip in hell! Brings back fond memories (not!). I hadn't been so hot since I left Kuwait.

That was the time the cat pissed on my bandana and I didn't realize it until I used it to wipe the sweat off my face. good times.

WoodGrain

Reaction score
Andy!!!!

Great to see you brother! Its been a while since I've been on the Forum. As Andy stated on the original post, I no longer am an employee of Fish and Wildlife Service. Had a great time while I was there, but all things must come to an end. Looking forward to getting back into the swing of things!

WoodGrain

asaxon

Reaction score
Ahh, that dove hunting trip in hell! Brings back fond memories (not!). I hadn't been so hot since I left Kuwait.

That was the time the cat pissed on my bandana and I didn't realize it until I used it to wipe the sweat off my face. good times.
I found the link to that dove trip - here it is
http://www.jesseshunting.com/forums/showthread.php/232823-Fliers-in-Purgatory-first-I-thought-I-was-in-Hell-but-it-was-only-Purgatory?highlight=hades

I think it was Molly who pissed in your bandana...

k_rad

Reaction score
Last edited:

ltdann

Reaction score
I think you were pulling those tilapia out already cooked.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom