Question about Conservation Groups

dwikkles

Reaction score
Does anyone have any insight as to what kind of work some of these groups have done/are doing? Im looking to put my money in to a conservation effort that actually does something with it that makes a difference. I already know RMEF and NWTF are good organizations and am a member of those. But I want to support something more local to us thats worthwhile. That puts in work where I hunt.

-California Deer Association
-California Bowmen Hunters
-Mule Deer Foundation

Any other suggestions?

Bankrunner

Reaction score
I would hope that all hunting groups in Cal have good intentions/plans but we are facing an uphill battle with the present government in regards to something as simple as our right to forage for meat (Hunting).
Maybe putting support behind the California Republican Party might pay off in the long run.

Last edited:

dwikkles

Reaction score
I would hope that all hunting groups in Cal have good intentions/plans but we are facing an uphill battle with the present government in regards to something as simple as our right to forage for meat (Hunting).
Maybe putting support behind the California Republican Party might pay off in the long run.
Oh they ALWAYS have my support. Even if I now they will never win here.

I just need to know who actually fights for things like habitat preservation and access, works on game survivability, i.e. watering holes/guzzlers on public land, etc. Things that promote healthy hunting populations and accessibility for the average Joe/Jane.

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
My vote for > (California Bowmen Hunters) I was a member for 8 years when I lived in Cali, a great state organization representing archers and bow hunters and hunting and hunters altogether for their rights to hunt. I will b representing CBH for the rest if my life since I am marked for life and I have no problem with that I was very proud to b a member when I was with them in cali........tra

20191013_052116.jpg

20191013_051215.jpg

20191013_051401.jpg

cjack

Reaction score
I enjoy the work we do at our local chapter of the Quail and Upland Wildlife Federation. As part of the habitat crew I feel like I make a difference in the local forest by getting my hands dirty bringing much needed water to the wildlife in the area. Although I belong to many conservation groups, the Wild Turkey Federation, Ducks Unlimited, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, California Waterfowl Association etc., I find that most of these organizations only take monetary donations and aren't interested in folks that want to offer their time and energy. I get much more satisfaction when I get to do hands on work.

Bankrunner

Reaction score
That's pretty cool cjack.
I don't have first hand experience with any organizations but do with limited habitat improvement on my own and it feels pretty good.
I have heard good things about CWA like getting with farmers and collecting duck eggs, hatching and releasing birds that would have gone under the farm equipment. Iv'e also heard they help with and promote youth hunting activities.

Top Bottom