question about trailtimer

B

bgbuck326

i have done with canon owl pf wih wire and have struggled the wire connect to 500 plus trailtimer with infraned could not find attrach on somewhere.  anyone know how to attrach on devics...  pls help me  thank you

ToledoBend

Reaction score
I also have a Trailtimer Plus 500 and would like to know how to use it to trigger an owl PF.

hamiltoe

Reaction score
Hey,

I used to have a TrailTimer 500, with a owl PF camera attached last year, but someone stole it off of the tree I had it on...It wasn't one of you guys was it?  

Here's what I did:

I took the TrailTimer apart and soldered two wires on the circuit board where you are supposed to connect TrailTimer's camera cord.  One of the points, I think it was the bottom is the common, the other is the output.  The output you get from the TrailTimer is a very quick +9VDC pulse (less than 1/2 a second).  I used this pulse to trigger the two stage timer.  Since the two stage timer needs to be grounded to trigger, I had to use a transistor between the TrailTimer output and the two stage timer trigger.  Unfortunately, I did not take any pictures and/or document what I did.  

In addition to the above stuff, I also added some extra batteries (6 AA) inside the camera enclosure.  I used a 4 conductor cable to run from the TrailTimer to the camera enclosure.  Two for the extra power, and two for the trigger.

Hopefully this will give you guys a starting point....

Hamiltoe

Top Bottom