Question for Mr. Tinhorn

deadcell

Reaction score
I have been looking at the schematic drawing picture of your 555 timer circuit and it shows in the middle of the picture of it connected to a MS20 timer. well i have a RS 429 PIR and was wondering could you send me a revised picture of your timer circuit with instructions where to connect it to the RS PIR? Thanks DC

gizz

Reaction score
Hi deadcell,
Tinhorn is on a bowhunt for a few days so he may not be responding soon. I've never built one with the RS Pir but others have.
Maybe someone can help deadcell out?

deadcell

Reaction score
I hope Mr.Tinhorn bags a big one on his hunt. And i hope he can help me with my question. Thanks DC

dharter

Reaction score
You might try the search feature of the BBS.  I think there were some past postings on the RS PIR.

deadcell

Reaction score
Well i tried the search but couldn't find anything useful to help me out. So does anybody know where Mr. Tinhorn is these days? Thanks DC

Tinhorn

Reaction score
DeadCell

I'm BAAaackk ! ! !

No meat but had a good time, thanx for the well wishes

I've never seen the RS PIR but have a copy of gthe schematic.   It looks like there are several ways to hook it up to the timer.  The easiest might be to disconnect the speaker wires and use the speaker wire that goes to the transistor (Q1 I believe) as the timer trigger.....

It should work in either Chime or Alarm Mode and you should use the same battery to run both the timer and PIR (so there is a common Ground)

See Ya!

Tinhorn

Top Bottom