Question on Canon Owl BF Soldering

Firemn

Reaction score
I bought a Canon Owl BF without the date time stamp feature.  Is the wiring of this camera the same as the date stamp models?  I soldered my bridge between pins 5 & 6 (going right to left) and soldered one wire to pin 6 and pin 4.  I read that to test, if you touch the wires together, the camera should trip.  Mine of which does not.  I wired this to where I can put the button assembly back on and cannot get the flash to come on.  But if I un-solder the wires, the camera will then work fine.  Please help!

davered1

Reaction score
are you sure you have the right pins?

Try again, make sure you are counting pins in the same direction as shown on jesse's site.

russ

Reaction score
Hey there firemn welcome to JHP,I did one about 6 mounths ago it works good I think they wire up just like the PF's.

woodsman

Reaction score
I BUILT A TRAIL CAM LAST MONTH WITH A CANON OWL  WITH NO DATE OR TIME , THE WIRING IS THE SAME THE DIF IS ONLY THE REAR DOOR NO WIRES CONNECT THEM, CHECK YOUR PINS THEY ARE SMALL IT'S AN EASY MISTAKE .  I HAVE SEEN BOTH CAMS GOOD LUCK .

(Edited by woodsman at 11:17 am on Feb. 9, 2002)

Firemn

Reaction score
Have everything figured out now.  Had to go to another Canon Owl BF, so I think in some way shape or form, the original was defective.  The new one is wired and ready to go, just need to finish the box.  Thanks for all the help and the awesome web site!

Top Bottom