Question on DPDT Switch???

slickhead

Reaction score
I thought that the Radio Shack#275-636b DPDT switch was supposed to be 3-way. That is up and down and also a middle position? I ask this because I finally had time to sit down and almost complete my game trail camera this past week end. Putting it all together I noticed that the switch didn't have a middle position??? I went ahead and soldered everything together. My LED test light comes on and works fine. I can set it off by the MS20. But the camera is getting no signal to "fire" no matter which position I set the switch (up or down). And I noticed that my battery was being drained of power when in the "OFF" position. Do I have the wrong switch or did I "wire" my 12v relay incorrectly? And also, I have tripple checked myself on my wiring diagram and feel confident that it is correct. Any thoughts, Please!

gizz

Reaction score
Hi slickhead - I use some DPDT switches #275-620A that also marked "Center Off Toggle Switch". This give 3 positions, Up/On, Center/Off, Down/On. If the one you have #275-636b isn't a "center off" switch then you'll only have the 2 positions.
-gizz

Latest Posts

Top Bottom