Question on rainproofing GameCam

slickhead

Reaction score
I have my three way toggle switch on top of my Game Cam and was wondering how to make it rain proof? I purchased the silicone rubber covers from Radio Shack but they don't fit. I thought about putting silicone around the switch but it might freeze it. Anyone got a suggestion? Thank you.

slickhead

Reaction score
The switch I got from Radio Shack has a plastic covering on the post...only thing they had at the time for a DPDT switch. So its a little longer. It seems that the threads are different on the switch covers??? Well...guess I'll have to do some creative engineering.

ONESHOT

Reaction score
Might be easier to buy another switch (less than $4) that the cover will fit on and replace your existing switch.  I think you're asking for trouble without the switch cover.

I would worry about water getting inside the switch itself and silicone would interfere with the switch operation.

GWHunter

Reaction score
I had the same problem with the covers that I got from R.S. so I put the switch the the box but did not use the nut and washer on the outside.
Just use the nut built into the cover.
But it would be a good idea to put a little sealer around it to be sure.

Hope that helps.

P.S. If its #275-1596

(Edited by GWHunter at 3:02 pm on Dec. 15, 2001)

Possum

Reaction score
I use shoe goo sometimes.  it drys a little flexible but waterproofs anything it is around.  I covered a switch a couple of times.  It worked fine.  You can always put a sponge under the switch in the cam to catch the water.

Top Bottom