Questions about your digital cam

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just some questions for all the digital cam users.  From power-up, how long does it take your digital cam until it's ready to take a pic?
My Sony FD-85 takes around 5 seconds and another 1.5 - 2 seconds after the shutter button is pressed until a pic is taken.
I've thought about tearing the cam open to adapt it as a trail-cam, but this delay seems too long - the subject might leave the frame before a pic is taken.

Also... What type of cam is it and what are the specs for operating temps?  Any experience using the cam beyond those specs?

Archilochus

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Hi Arch,

my Olympus 2100 digital takes about 3 seconds to go from off to ready. Some motor or drive noise is present when turning the camera on too. There is also a lag when the shutter is pushed. In auto-focus mode the shutter button has the half press auto-focus and then fires when pushed all the way, about 1/2 second to do the whole deal. In manual focus mode it's a bit faster.

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
My digital deer camera system using the Canon Elph S100 takes between 3 to 4 seconds to power up and take a picture.  This also depends on battery power remaining and whether the camera needs to flash or not.  The digital trail cams are not really suited for capturing pictures of deer along trails where they might be walking or running by.  They do however work great over foodplots, scrapes, feeders and so forth.  If you back them up away from the area of interest they can possible catch an animal walking at a normal pace before it leaves the view of the camera.  i have also used an AOL photocam with 640X480 resolution.  It gets the job done but the pictures cannot hold a candle to the Canon Elph S100.

Brian

Latest Posts

Top Bottom