Questions

doghouse

Reaction score
I will be looking to buy a new GPS within the next few months, and I don't have a clue as to what I really need.
I spend a lot of time in the mountains, in the wilderness area's where there aren't any roads.  I don't get lost, the mountains are good reference points.
I do spend extra time going the long way, just because I can get there that way.
I wish to use the GPS to point me to the shortest route, and to be able to go from poit C, back to point A without backtracking to point B first.
I have spent many years of my life crashing around in the wilderness, and I do see a place for a GPS. Of course, I want all of this as cheap as I can get it.
Thanks for any experience you can share with me.

hamiltoe

Reaction score
doghouse,
Since you are in the mountains a lot and want to find the shortest route in the mountains, you might want to look at Garmin's eMap.  You can buy mapping software that has topo maps that you download to the GPS.  Since GPS will give you the shortes distance "as the crow flies", the addition of topo maps seems like it would be useful in the mountains.

I currently have an older Eagle Accumap Sport and will probably buy a new GPS this year.  I'm waiting for Lowrance's new iFinder GPS to come out so I can check it out....

Hamiltoe

Bow Runner

Reaction score
does shrtcrckt still have any of those precut cases for the d 370?  

do you think that it would work for the d 380

also what board do you guys suggest i get for the 380?

what is the difference between brian's vs hamiltoe's and vis versa?

what else would i have to pick up with either board?

gizz

Reaction score
I believe shrtcrckt still has some of the 1150's and they are nice! If the D-380 is the same size as the D-370 then it'll work perfectly. You just cut your own holes.

If the D-380 works the same as the D-370 then Brian's Board will work. Also Hamiltoe's board should work but i have no experience with it so you might want to check with him.

Brian's vs Hamiltoes? They probably are both GREAT! Your pick on that.

Just a suggestion: I'd hack the D-380 before I'd go buying a lot of stuff.

Dbworld

Reaction score
Nobody has done the 380 yet.... that I know of anyway.  I'm willing to do it....but can't afford it.

Bow Runner

Reaction score
I have found it for $161.  i printed out the add and took it into staples.

They gave me an additional 10% off for finding a cheeper price.  not to shabby.

(Edited by Bow Runner at 10:20 am on July 17, 2002)

Top Bottom