Quick Question

swampfox

Reaction score
I just wired my RS PIR up like the photo and it seems to be working. my question is when you first flip the power to it the led stays lit for about 20-30 seconds and then goes out. when you trigger it after that it only stays lit for about 2 seconds at a time.The 20-30 sec. only happens at initial startup.I'm using it in "chime " mode and im wondering also if its gonna burn up a bunch of pictures because of that long startup period. Is this normal?

:confused-yellow:

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 when you first turn on the unit the PIR has a warm up period of about 30 sec. after that it is fine.sounds to me that you got it right, the 20-30seconds with the LED lit up is normal.always turn on the unit in LED mode first,wait for it to warm up,then flip it to Camera mode after it goes out,it should not take a pic unless the PIR is triggered,keep in mind that if you trigger the PIR while switching to camera mode it will take a pic right away,test this by standing behind it when you switch it from LED to Cam after the warm up.

Dbworld

Reaction score
I think you got it right.  With the 30 second led warmup even if you had the switch in camera mode and not test mode when you powered it up it would take just one pic.  Basically it's the equivilant of holding the shutter down for 30 seconds...which will take only one pic.

swampfox

Reaction score
Thanks,Everything is just like yall said. I'm already hooked and i have a nice messy work station just like you said i would.:toast-yellow:

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 Thats great! nothing like a messy work station:smile-blue now get that cam in the woods.

MBullism

Reaction score
Oh swampfox...

You don't yet understand how hooked you are...

M

Stever

Reaction score
oh how wonderful it is to be an addict!
Are owls cheaper buy the dozen? Anyone know where you can get one of those 1 hour photo machines like real cheap?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom