Quick Tejon Question

socalkid

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
So my Spring Tejon Membership packet mentions camping. My question is is there a designated camprgound (in the South Area) or is it open camping where ever? If it is only in a designated campground general directions to that by one of you who have been there would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Bear Trap Canyon is the south campground.

Take the main road in on the south side back about 1 1/2 miles and it drops into Bear Trap Canyon. Flat camping spots on the left and right of the road and porta potties. You can't miss it.

jmabbott888

Reaction score
When are you going to Tejon, Reason I ask is our scout pack & troop as well as a pack & troop from Wasco will be up at the fort camping May 2-4. If you are up there then, stop in & say hi, we'll be at the campsites behind the fort area on the left side.

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Don't look too hard for the porta-potties. They only put those out for events (when they remember... there wasn't one for last week's hunt!).

But yeah, the camp area is hard to miss on the south side. North side camping is at the Vaquero cabin, just inside and to the right of the main entrance.

socalkid

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jmabbott888 @ Mar 17 2008, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
When are you going to Tejon, Reason I ask is our scout pack & troop as well as a pack & troop from Wasco will be up at the fort camping May 2-4. If you are up there then, stop in & say hi, we'll be at the campsites behind the fort area on the left side.[/b]
Hopefully i'll be up there next week trying to fill my pig tag

but since we have the access till august we can go up pretty much whenever

Top Bottom