Quiet Please

Baldplate

Reaction score
Just when I think things are going good, I ended up being next to three guys that would not shut up. I am not talking about their calling (although they could of used less of that too), I am referring to their continual chatter about chores they had to do when they got home, girlfriend and wife problems, car problems, work problems etc. etc.etc. The only time they would shut up is when they saw a duck leaving the pond and then they would start with these long come back calls that just were not working. This went on until about 11:00 when I had enough, so I calmly walked over to the young men (20 -25 yrs.)and discussed some of the finer points of remaining quiet while in the blind, except for a well deserved congratulations on a nice shot. One of the young men said,"ok old man we will quiet down". Old man I thought to my self shit I am only 43. So I walked back to my blind with the use of my cane(ha ha)and dang if those young men didn't keep their word. I did not hear a peep from them for the next 2 1/2 hours. We all even got some pretty good shooting(10 birds between us).Later back in the parking lot(lot 20 Mendota), they walked past my truck and said,"thanks for the advice old man ", as one of them held up their birds. I never felt old until this past Saturday.Good luck to all and remember to take a kid hunting and for God sake teach them to respect their elders.

Thonzberry

Reaction score
I would have told them about 2 min into there conversation, but thats just me. I hope they learned somthing. Goog Luck old man, just kidding.

(Edited by Thonzberry at 11:31 pm on Jan. 2, 2002)

steve

Reaction score
Hope they  remember that lesson.I didnt feel to old until wed. when I took the boys out for an afternoon hunt and was trying to push it to get out to the blind.43 till next month.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom