Quigley's Double Header. Tom Quigley gets 2 locked deer with

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Trapp sent this email.

========================================================

Quigley's Double Header.

On Monday Nov. 19, 2001 Tom Quigley got 2 deer with one shot on the family farm just outside of Winneconne Wisconsin.  In a true battle to the death, the "smaller" of the two bucks had emerged victorious.  It apears that the killing blow was made by the tip of the main beam ~ it was buried about 3" into the neck of the 11 pointer.  The smaller deer had 13 points and weighed approx. 175 + lbs. dressed.  The larger bodied deer had 11 points and I
estimated the weight at 180 lbs.+ dressed (over 200 lbs., "dead" weight).

Somehow, the deer managed to elude the opening weekend crowd of hunters. As the winner of the battle, he was forced to drag the dead 11 pointer around for several days until Tom saw them and shot the 13 pointer.  (You would think a 13 point buck with another 11 point buck stuck to his head would have been seen by someone besides Tom.)

Tom called the DNR to get the needed tags, took photos & then called me to see what to do.  Since the 11 pointer  had been dead for several days, the cape & meat was not salvageable, so he just removed the head & neck and brought them in to me. The following photos were taken at that point.   Even after skinning both deer, the antlers remain locked together.

Hogskin

Banned
Reaction score
Pretty gruesome.  Imagine being the deer hauling the dead one around, that would pretty much suck.

Neat pictures.

Regards,
Paul

arizona jim

Reaction score
Cool !! Are you going to mount them together? You may be able to get a cape from a taxidermist.

AZ  JIM

lintongb

Reaction score
Cool.  I hope he didn't have to drag them that far.  Both of those are nice deer.

Thonzberry

Reaction score
That's awsome, but freeky. You gota like the 2 for 1 deal. Congrats to Tom.

Top Bottom