R-11 on RS-495

Gumboyaya

Reaction score
I know this was discussed before but has anyone actually used this feature for a timer and if so what resister value etc. I think according to Tinhorn that R-11 is 1800 ohm so would that and a 10meg ohm in parralel serve to double the delay to about one minute??
Thanks
Gumbo

vman

Reaction score
This is what I have been using for my timer delays.  I will check the actual R values I use tomorrow or tonight when I get home from work.  

bat

Reaction score
Hey Gumboyaya, that would be 1800K not 1800 ohms Tinhorn was referring to.  I thought it was 1800 ohms too when I started working on one.  I talked to Tinhorn about this after trying a few times with the wrong resistors and finally ended up with these to work well.  470k=8 sec., 1500k=27 sec., 4700K=1 min. 15 sec., 10,000K or 10M=2.9 mins. Hope this helps you, it works good and those numbers are kind of rounded off as far as the sec./mins. go.  It will vary a little with each pir I think.  Rule of thumb for the R11 60K=1 sec. of delay.  The original R11 value of 1800K gave 30 sec. of delay.  I used little slide switches for each value and make sure you leave one of them turned on all the time so you will have one resistor working at any given time. 

max I see you found the link I was going to find for you, hope you got what you needed as well in my instant message.  bat
P.S. Tinhorn if you read this correct me if I'm wrong.  Thanks!

(Edited by bat at 9:27 pm on Aug. 13, 2002)

bat

Reaction score
hey guys, I used the slide switches on my different delays on one of my RS pirs.  Somebody used a Potentiometer to do the same thing (get different delays connecting to R11 position), but I can't seem to run back up on who it was that did this.  How about it guys, give me some help here...need the part number of the Potentiometer you used.  HH, msfelton, MC maybe, seems like one of you were the forum member that might have acheived this.  Thanks a bunch, bat

Tinhorn

Reaction score
It looks like Bat's got the resistor values fingered out pretty well.

You could use a 10M variable post and have a "volume control" adjustment of the times.  It would probably be a good idea to put a 470K in series with the variable so when the variable is turned down to minimum (zero) the 470K would still be in the circuit and create an 8 second delay.  Watch out because when the Pot is turned up to 10M then that and the added 470K will approach the 3min barrier of the Owl PF.  BTW, the varialbe don't have to be 10M, something less will work, like 5M.  (the max time will be less than 3 min's is all)
<font face="Courier New">

_______
            | pot   |
            |_______|
<---470K--------|  |  |
                |______________> to circuit

</font>
Bat, whey don't you post those resistor values in the PIR Note Post.....

Tinhorn

Gumboyaya

Reaction score
Tinhorn, do you know the part # for a RS "pot" style resister. Your idea sounds pretty cool.
Thanks
Gumbo

bat

Reaction score
Hey Tinhorn I put that data in the "RS pir notes" post hope that is the one you are referring to.  
Gumboyaya, I'm pretty darn sure I saw a variable in one of our local (20 miles away) store, if I can remember to do so, I will call them tomorrow....it could have been a 1M but I will try to check....got a well without water right now, got to take care of it....man it is "dry" down here.  Lived here now for 13 years and my well has never give me a problem....BAM! there she went!  Later guys, bat

Ouch!  man oh man $1100 smack...so what's it trying to do while we were finishing up the welllllllll!.....you got it ..... raining lol.

(Edited by bat at 10:35 pm on Aug. 15, 2002)

Top Bottom