Rabbit Hunting In San Jose Area

Bigman

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a new member here on this board (been lurking for awhile, but decided to join).  I was wondering if anyone had any good rabbit hunting spots in the San Jose area?  I hunt in the O'nell Forebay WA, Little Panoche WA, Little Panoche Hill BLM areas mostly for Rabiits and do pretty well, but always looking for new areas.  Any help is appreciated.

BlastinIthaca

Reaction score
Have you tried Grizzly Island Wildlife Area? If not, I highly recommend it for rabbits and jackrabbits. It is open for rabbits only certain parts of the year, so cheack ahead. Last time I was there, which was during the first few days of pheasant season, I flushed about 20 jackrabbits and about 10 cottontails, and 1 rooster- all in about 3 hours of hunting. The entire island is loaded with rabbits, but I like the fields near parking lot 7 best.- Hope this helps.

Kernhuntr

Reaction score
BlastinIthaca and Bigman,

Welcome to Jesse's Forums. Glad to have you aboard, as you probably know this is the best site on the web for gathering or swaping info or just for fun. Hope you enjoy it here.

Kernhuntr

Big Bubba Daddy

Reaction score
Does anyone have a good sorce for maps/descriptions/regs for public lands in and aroudn the Bay Area?  

Bigman

Reaction score
There is a web site http://www.dfg.ca.gov/hunting/index.html  That has info on all of the Wildlife areas around, as well as, the duck areas.  As for BLM lands I am not really sure of a web site, but there is a BLM office in Hollister.  You could give them a call and they will send you maps for a small fee.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom