Rabbit update

MarinePMI

Reaction score
Well,

WBH and I headed out this weekend (Sat) for a little rabbit and ground squirrel hunting.  It was pretty good.  Lots of g.s.'s out in the alfalfa fields, with the rabbits coming out just as the sun was setting.  I can't count how many g.s.'s we cleaned out of one field, it looked like someone had dropped a F.A.E. (concusive bomb) in the field.  They were pretty much pasted to the ground everywhere.  Looked like the final aftermath at the end of the movie "Platoon".  Now all I have to do is convice WBH that it's not that bad having to walk to pick up the rabbits.  Then again...I guess WBH had a point in complaining about the walk... :smile-big-blue:

A .223 does kind of strech the range a bit, huh?  :smile-big-blue:

yotegetter

Reaction score
Good to hear you had some good hunting. How was the weather out there?

MarinePMI

Reaction score
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!  Damned Hot, real hot, Africa hot!  Gettin' the picture?  :smile-big-blue:

Seriously, it wasn't too bad, 'cause it was "a dry heat". :smile-big-blue:  There were definitely plenty of rabbits (kinda small...no comments on that WBH!) out there next to the fields though.  If you want to do some loooong range shooting there are some really good spots out near Calexico.  And since my narrow butt doesn't like to walk too much anymore (had enough of that in the 'Corps), this type of shooting fits me well.  You ought to give it try some time!  Just bring a lawn chair and a shooting rest (and a cooler full of water and Cokes).

Top Bottom