Radio Shack Mini PIR

Drayton

Reaction score
I am using Radio Shack Mini PIR Alarm Sensor Unit, Part # 49-425 with an Olympus Infinity Jr. Seems to work ok untill I field tested it this week. I got one picture with 2 does passing by and the rest of the film with no animals. Seems my camera just kept snapping until it was out of film. Anyone have similar problems?

big tom

Reaction score
You are providing little infomation on your setup.  Moving branches and sunlight trigger the thing. Read Jesse' instructions really carefully on TIPS.

Drayton

Reaction score
My set-up is on a small tree, about 3' off the ground facing East into a 60 yard wide field. The sun did set it off. However, after retrieving the cam, the camera continued to snap pics and the led would not go out. I have gotten it to reset by switching the alarm-off-chime switch with the power on. Thanks for the advice.

davered1

Reaction score
LED and camera should both not be on at the same time,if you put a DPDT switch in as jesse's diagram shows,if you did put one in make sure it is hooked up right(kitty corner to each other).With this switch it only allows power through to one or the other never both

davered1

wvhunter

Reaction score
Make sure the batteries are fresh.  You can get some strange happenings when the PIR battery runs down.

Facing the cam East or West can really create alot of false pics.  The rising or setting sun shining into the PIR will trip it.

Matt in MO

Reaction score
also make sure when you install a battery in the RS PIR that the switch is OFF and you leave it OFF for 60 seconds before ever using it.

Drayton

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info! I am going to try again with the cam facing North North-East. Also use two 9 vdc in parellel so the battery power should last thru 24 photos.  

wapiti

Reaction score
I use 1 9v and get at least 6 rolls of film with my cams using the rs 49-425.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom