Radio Shack PIR #49-425 discontinued?

Boss Gobbler

Reaction score
I was at my local Radio Shack on 8/20/02 to buy parts for building my first trail camera and they told me that the PIR sensor # 49-425 is being discontinued. I guess I have no reason to doubt them so I ordered four of them. I just thought I'd pass this info. along. Hopefully there is still quite a few of them left to be found.

LAKOTA

Reaction score
If the store didn't have them in stock, you probably won't get any. The local RS here said they couldn't order them. They can order the 426 which is replacing the 425.

Maybe you'll get lucky ...

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
Boss, you should have been visiting more, we've been discussing, or cussing this for about 2 months.

By the way, welcome to the board.

JimYates

Reaction score
Boss,  you might try calling around.  I got lucky and found some on a trip to Orlando.   This is after I had a RS with in 2 miles of where I found them, tell me there were none in the region.

Elk Bowhunter

Reaction score
I found some at a "franchise" store. The "company owned" stores can not check the stock at the franchises. If you can't find any, ask if there are any franchise stores in your area.

Boss Gobbler

Reaction score
Yea, I see that this is not a new topic. I should have checked in to it further. My local Radio Shack said they still had access to 7 sensors locally so I ordered 4 of them, they said they should be here on 8/26/02. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

bigbucks

Reaction score
Boss, if you can't get any, the 426 will work. I have the circuit board posted on the link below. I've got one in the woods now, and it is working good.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom