radio shack plugs

wolf

Reaction score
i have read about the problems people are having with the rs plugs. i have been using the ones on the 3d diagram on jesses site.no problems until tonight.i hooked up another cam and sometimes it would fire and sometimes it wouldnt. i spent an hour trying to figure out why it wasnt making contact. the female plug has three terminals on the back.two of the terminals appear to be tied together when checking them for continuity. i moved 1 wire to the other terminal and it hasnt misfired since.i probably havent explained this very well and there may be nothing to it. i just thought someone else with the same problem may try this and see if that has been the problem with the rs plugs

Munce27520

Reaction score
What pins should I use on my cam? 2 and 3 which are normally closed? What would pin 1 be used for? Thanks.,

BOHUNTER

Reaction score
munce..
on the rat shack pir.. flip over solder side up on the right side of the board you will see 2 vertical rows of leads soldered that is the ic chip...far right down its the 4th solder ...the first in the row" right side" is a capacitor, then the ic starts.....2nd pin on the chip fourth down on that side...if ya look closely the pad has a wide area where 2 are soldered to "com" then the next one #2 pin..thats it ..
on the cam pwl pf
bridge from right to left...5-6 pin....then i use one lead to the brass dot that is exposed...#4 pin..  then i scrape a small area on the lead that is near the black screw on the inner most part of the board..runs parralle with the camera towards the eye hole...scratch green stuff off and solder to it there thats the bridge on #5-6, just trace back youll see..thats the easiest place to solder it..for me...once soldered "DONT TOUCH" figure where ya hole is to be and close up and test...hope this helps i had fun the first tyme too..but mastered it since ..on #6 now....
i ordered my parts from  www.mpja.com

spst toggles..  x 10  sw-5005              .75
dpdt toggles   x10    sw-5014            1.25
diodes           x10     di 5211            0.05
1/8 phone jacks mono  x10   pl 1927   .46
1/8 plastic stereo plug   x10   pl 4015   .31
jumbo red LED w/clips...  x10              1.89

ratshack..resistors 220 ohm..need fer the leds, and the reed relay from ratshack..2,49 ouch!! have to find cheaper placefor those heard like.75 for bulk...oh well i hope this helps ya  save a lil bit...thanks again
steve  

homer

Reaction score
Munce27520, when you wire your first camera make sure you are using a small gage wire (28 ga. 26 ga. 24ga.) and a soldering iron thats not to hot. (15-25 watts max.) just take your time and be careful.

Top Bottom