RAIN DROPS ON CAMERA/FLASH LENS

SIMPLEARKANSAN

Reaction score
IS THERE ANY WAY TO PREVENT THE RAIN DROPS FROM COLLECTING ON THE CAMERA/FLASH LENS?  I'M USING WELDERS GLASS AND NOTICED SEVERAL BEADS ON THE LENS AFTER 2 DAYS OF RAIN GIVING SOME OF MY PICS A DISTORTED APPEARANCE.  HAS ANYONE USED RAIN-X OR ANY OTHER PRODUCT TO ELIMINATE THIS.

hamiltoe

Reaction score
Some people have tried to use a shroud over the top of the lens to help shield it from rain drops.  I've not heard of anyone using rain-x, but it sounds like a good idea.  If you use some, let us know how well it works

Stickbow

Reaction score
I haven't tried Rain-X or anything, and unfortunately we haven't had enough rain around here for it to be a problem yet-(we NEED some badly) but here's two other possible solutions...

First, try placing your camera a little higher on the tree and place a stick or something behind the top of the camera housing, so that your camera/lens is facing slightly downward. That may help keep some of the rain from hitting directly on the lens.

Also, you could always make some kind of a "hood/gutter" system by gluing something above your lens opening, to protect and direct the rain around it.
(Just a couple of thoughts....)

feathermax

Reaction score
I haven't tried rainx on a lense, but try it on the side window of your car/truck first. My recollection is that it beeds water, causing more water spots.
A better choice might be one of the "sheeting" cleaners: those which "sheet" water off of glass.
Maybe some ingenious person can come up with a mini windshield wiper for the lense.

springdrl

Reaction score
I just finished my camera and was thinking about this very problem before I use it. I suspect Rain-X should work since the camera lens is a flat and vertical surface.  I have some Rain-X and will try it.

Top Bottom