rain guard for shutter

bikehike

Reaction score
Well I thought I was being smart when I installed my rain shield on the outside of my Elect. PVC box. I used the bottom of a water bottle thinking that if I made it to long it would be clear and not interfere with the shutter. What it did is actually carry the flash and make it look like I had a flash bleed. I tried everything inside my box to elminate the bleed but it kept coming. Then I thought about it and figure I would put some camo tape on the rain shield, that did it. Now it takes perfect pictures! Just didn't want anybody else to go through this stupor.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
I can see where that'd be a stumper, now that you found the problem, it makes sense that the flash mite bounce off it into the lens

Good detective work......

Tinhorn

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
I use a piece of aluminum on one of mine with camo tape on it. Works pretty good.

coyotebandit

Reaction score
I had that same problem with a clear piece of plastic tubing set up to keep the snow off the lens. I just ripped it off, guess what, it's been snowing and it turns out I didn't even need it. I did make a wierd circular lighting effect on my first roll of film though.

Archilochus

Reaction score
Here's another tip about rain / snow guards - I made some a while back for my cams.  Worked great for rain, but with the first snow the suckers filled up with snow and blocked the sensor and lens.
I cut the bottoms out and now they work fine in the snow too.

Archilochus

Tinhorn

Reaction score
I think I mentioned this before but I used to use a tube about 2-1/2" in dia around the PIR to help keep the sun out and narrow the beam but I think Tweety Birds peeked inside it, looking for a nesting site, causing false alarms   ha ha

Tinhorn

Top Bottom