Rambo Rifles for Weekend Hunters. The "Modern Sporting Rifle" is a hot seller

SPURGEAR

Reaction score
Since men have fought wars they have come home to love the rifles they have trusted their life to in time of conflict, and used them to hunt and target shoot. M1 Garand from WWII, M14 from Vietnam, and now The AR-15 from this generation.This is nothing new. Only difference is that the "gun banners" love to show pictures of "evil black rifles" and say they are more dangerous than they really are in an effort to spread fear of guns. The sales that have happened since the election of our most recent "president" doesn't show some trumped up fear in an effort to sell more guns. It shows the peoples growing fear of tyranical Governement, which is exactly why we have the right to bear arms in the first place.......

Common Sense

Reaction score
As my father before me, I and my son have taken a few deer with the good old 30-40 Krag. Great deer rifle.

To me these new Rambo Rifles just don't seem right; but I reckon a lot of the young guys feels the same way about my old Krag. So, to each his own.

Life is good.

betelgeuse

Reaction score
I keep one that I don't use in .223. I also have a 9 MM pistol I never use.

Why you say ? Readily available military ammo.

You never know when the revolution will come.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
There's an old farm boy I hunt with back in MO who was an army Ranger in Nam. Made it through the Nam, Khe Shan and then blew both hands off with some dynamite back in the states after he got out. He's got two hooks now and can do just about everything we can with hands. He deer hunts with an SKS and is one of the best shots I've ever seen. One time I asked him why he hunts with an SKS when he could have his choice of just about any rifle. He said it was cheap to shoot and he just got used to carrying one in Nam and he liked it.

JohnX

Reaction score
Guess I'm with the new guys on this one.

A couple years ago I bought a .270 bolt action rifle to hunt deer, pig, and bear. Crashed a motorcycle and separated my shoulder. Now I can't shoot it without tears in my eyes. This is where the new rifle comes in, i built a AR style rifle in .308. Being semi auto and having a muzzle brake, I can shoot it as many times as I need too.

Two Rugers

Reaction score
There's an old farm boy I hunt with back in MO who was an army Ranger in Nam. Made it through the Nam, Khe Shan and then blew both hands off with some dynamite back in the states after he got out. He's got two hooks now and can do just about everything we can with hands. He deer hunts with an SKS and is one of the best shots I've ever seen. One time I asked him why he hunts with an SKS when he could have his choice of just about any rifle. He said it was cheap to shoot and he just got used to carrying one in Nam and he liked it.
Hey Jess. My recently departed father in law, a Vietnam Marine vet, said the same thing. He liked to take along a SKS that he took from "some dude who didn't need it anyore" :skeered:

Top Bottom