RATTLESNAKE PROTECTION. Turtleskin gaiters. Snakeguards

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
RATTLESNAKE PROTECTION. Lots of posts on the groups about the baby rattlers being out now. Ive come so close to being bitten several times. I searched for years to find a lighter, cooler snake gaiter. The cordura ones were too hot and stiff, the plastic stovepipe ones were hot and rubbed bad. Snake boots are great but will cook your legs and feet out here in Socal.

I finally found what i was after at a sporting goods show. Turtleskins. Lighter, cooler and not bulky. The only drawback is the price but i can assure you getting bit is not fun or cheap. $150 a pair if you shop around. Ive helped several people who were bitten, one we almost had to open an airway on when he swelled up bad and couldn't breath.

They also make pants for more protection. I know one guy who got bit when he sat on a rattler he didn't see along a trail.

Being from Mizzurah they had to show me they worked so they let me stab a pair with an ice pick several times. When i got home i asked a herpetologist friend if he could have his rattlers strike them to make sure. They were good to go.

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
I have snake gaurd chaps and snake boots. Anytime I sunset fish banks with high grass and the woods behind me I wear my snake boots, alot of moccasins out now......tra

20200520_180222.jpg

20200520_180236.jpg

20200520_180304.jpg

labsnducks

Reaction score
I have a pair of Turtleskins as well. I wore Danner snake boots for years. I hike and hunt the desert a great deal and have had some VERY close calls with Mojave rattlesnakes, which are the worst of the worst. In fact, I had a run in with one tonight that was polite enough to let me know she was there. The Danner’s were fairly comfy, but were very hot, especially during the summer, early fall and late spring, but gave me great peace of mind. The Turtleskins are light and very flexible, and are much better for what I do. I have worried about how effective they could be being how thin they are. I am glad to hear they passed your tests and provide the protection they say they do. The $150 is well worth the piece of mind they give to me.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom