Rattlin' Bucks

horndog

Reaction score
A co-worker told me he read in a magazine that during bow season in Missouri, it is the best time to rattle in the bucks. According to the magazine, when the November firearm season starts, the bucks have already found their does and the rattlin' will cause them too herd off the does and in the bow season they will investigate the sounds. Does this sound logical? Have any of you guys ever had any luck with rattlin' during the firearms session?
Also, have guys ever thought about trying to rattin or call a deer into camra view?

Possum

Reaction score
I have done very well rattling in SC.  My best time is after the 1st of Nov.  Deer fight whenever on will not back down off of a hot doe for another buck.  I did not do well until we had a few older bucks in the herd.  The first couple of seasons, before we started letting deer walk, EVERYTHING ran away when I rattled.  Then as we got some 3.5 & 4.5 year old bucks in the herd and I started seeing deer.  We also hammered the does down quite a bit.  This brought the Buck/Doe ratio down.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom