ravens

Marty

Reaction score
What a JOKE. USFWS must be the laughing stock of all wildlife branches.
"only 200 per year" and "federal wildlife officials will kill only ravens that appear to be preying on the threatened desert tortoises."
Oh, and don't forget the mandatory funds for "educating the public."

pheasantlvr

Banned
Reaction score
I wonder how much the US government pays for hardboiled eggs ?
is someone actually gonna sit there and watch a raven to see if it is watching a tortoise ?
and if it's not watching today, will it tomorrow ? or the next day ?

Marty

Reaction score
I guarantee you that someone will sit there and watch the ravens. Maybe not a direct employee of the USFWS, but a contractor. Typically, such tasks are doled out to colleges with "liberal minded" professors, and mindless students.

Sigma

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
The program calls for killing a maximum of 200 ravens each year and will cost $200,000 annually, Hohman said.[/b]
That's only $1000.00 per raven.

Orygun

Reaction score
Ravens are way over their carrying capacity. They need massive reduction in their numbers. Wildlife Services does what it can but it is hamstrung. If they had volunteers help in raven population realignment programs, they could control 200,000 for $200. Like the damn sea lions up at Bonneville that are knocking the snot out of endangered salmon and steelhead. they are jsut getting around to killing a few of them.

4NDone0331

Reaction score
Glad to know my tax dollars are being well spent!
well put! I know that this post is old but what a F@#$ing joke, damn liberals are taking over they should be put on the list with the ravens as well. Wait until the tortoises are all gone and these same people will be saying that we didnt do enough to save them. There's just no winning with those idiots.

FoCoHugh

JHO Team Member
Reaction score
I have the following cheap approach by the govt:

Say in the media "Can some hunters please go kill a whole bunch of ravens in xxx county? They are way out of control. Thanks."

It's done.

What a great way to get junior ready to hunt!

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom