Ready Set Build

Flight of the Arrow

Reaction score
Hey Guys
This is my first time posting in this forum, but I have been reading all the post for
about 2 years now. Anyways, I just got me a sony p-32 off ebay and I am pretty excited about building my first trail cam! I have a film trail cam that I have been using for the past two years with good results. I also picked up a moltire 200 a few months ago, but that thing scares me. It does not seem to trigger well after the first pic has been taken, I have not tested it in the woods yet so I cant say how happy I will be with it yet. Any how I will keep you posted once I get the cam and start the build!! Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

The flight

The_Griz

Reaction score
Welcome aboard...

The 32 makes a great camera setup. I use Haymakers LE board (now called and LE II) for all my 32's and they work slick. Time to shutter is quick and very easy to setup in the woods.

Should get lot's of help on this site, so fire away.

Dead Deer Walking

Reaction score
You can't go wrong with the P32 and Haymaker's boards. As far as the commercial cams go, I have found that I can build my own cheaper and with much better performance. After you get your homebrew finished, set it up side by side with the commecial unit and test one against the other.........My money's on the homebrew.

Eastky Bowhunter

Reaction score
Its hard to beat a homebrew.
I had 2 Moltrie Gamespy 100's
and ended up taking them back to wal-mart because they would not trigger. I'am planning on about 3 more homebrews this summer. Good luck with your project.

Flight of the Arrow

Reaction score
Cool.... thanks for the info guys, Where is the best place to order my case from?
And is a larger case better for a first timer? When I get started I will post up my progress

Thanks again
flight

Outhouse

Reaction score
P32's work pretty good for me. I've made five of them. Personally, I like a little bigger case(Seahorse). It's a easier to work with, especially if this will be your first one. Plus I like the bigger case for when it gets cold out... the dexterity of cold fingers makes it hard to change batteries, check camera, etc.. inside a smaller case.

Also, the bigger case that I use has two latches on the front cover. Most of the smaller cases only have one. I use my trailcams on bear baits and I wanted a two latch cover in the off chance that a bear was messing with my trailcam and popped open the cover. A little tougher to do with two latches.

Small cases are nice to for carrying around in the woods, etc...

For Seahorse(SE-120-BK) cases, contact Brian at Smith Enterpise. Tell him you are form JHO for a possible better price.
http://www.smithpins.com/products.asp

For other cases:
www.casesforless.com
ebay(of course)

dupont241

Reaction score
cases4less.com is good place for cases, the camo are high, but i buy the black and camo myself....

Check out www.snapshotsniper.com i use his controller, it is great and easy to setup. He will burn your info. into the electrics to ID if it ever gets stolen.

He also sells all the lenses and glass you will need for your case.

Top Bottom