Ready to build, A few questions.

Bearcamp

Reaction score
Well after looking at manufactured trail cams, I'm ready to build my own. First, it boils down to 3 Sony cameras. P32, P41 and the S600. Which do you guys suggest? Should I use the Pix universal board or the LE? What's the difference between the 2 boards? And last, I see some of you people install the RCA jack on the camera. How is that done and does it come with the board? What's the reason for it? Quick removal????

Flyguy958

Reaction score
My preference on cameras in order are Sony P-41, P-32, and Olympus D-380. There are a lot of boards and you can read about the pros and cons to make your decision. Stereo jack installation is not hard on most cameras and come with some board kits. Most put them in to make a clean job and if you want you can use the camera out of the unit. You can search this site and find that most of your questions have been answered before. Good luck.

rjlasko

Reaction score
Welcome to JHO!!!

The P41 is probably one of the best cameras for trail camera use. However, I really like the S600's as well because of it's awesome flash range and with the PixController Universal board with Trail Mode you can keep the cam powered up waiting for PIR events after the first trigger to capture that buck following a doe. It's pretty slick.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Should I use the Pix universal board or the LE? What's the difference between the 2 boards?[/b]
Here's a quick overview between the two boards:

Comparison Chart

I really like to use the stereo jack on the S600 because it makes for a quick disconnect and you can then use your camera for normal use as well. Here's a couple pictures of one of my S600's...

Attachments

Bearcamp

Reaction score
So does the jack come with the universal board and where can I find instructions to install the jack? Nice camera, you did a great job with the jack on the bottom.

Top Bottom