Ready to build a new rifle

FTTPOW

Reaction score
I've gathered most of my plunder for a new rifle. I have the stock ban-sawed, (curley maple half-stock), the furniture ready, (Hawken iron mounted), a Siler flintlock on order and today I found a barrel. It will be a Hawken style, kind of. It will be a heavy rifle with a 1 1/8" .54 cal 44" Douglas barrel. Even after cutting the barrel down to 35" or so, it will be a load to carry. In the next few weeks it will be time to make some sawdust.

Deluded

Reaction score
Please share pics... sounds like a very cool project!

FTTPOW

Reaction score
My lock won't get here for a few weeks and everything else is just a pile of parts and a chunk of wood. Before I start it would be good to see the before and after. I'll see what I can do.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
how much do you think it will weigh? I'd love to make a muzzleloader like you are doing. Looking forward to the pics.

FTTPOW

Reaction score
I'm not sure what it will weigh, but it will be heavier than I'd like for a hunting gun. The barrel is 44" right now and I'll cut it down to no more than 36" and probably even more when done. At 1 1/8" across the flats and 44" long, even with a .54 cal bore, it's quite a chunk of steel.

Top Bottom