receieved new moultrie

1BowHunter

Reaction score
Ok just got old game spy replaced last one was bad stealth wildveiw got 100 photos to games spys 12. Both where mounted on the same tree and aimed at the same target area. poor results.
The new spy has added feature called detection method, the manual that came with it did not specify what this was.
So I called the moultrie tech and ask what they do " dual detection is where the cam looks at the activity twice before snapping shot and the H-E is little bit fasterthan the dual activation". I plan to first run a test here at the house with stop watch from activation to snap of camera, on all setting and thoroughly test this puppy out before I put in the feild. I will post in a week the detail if this cam takes is thesame as the stealth and my home brew plus the differance I get with the two detection).

jaymo2309

Reaction score
Keep us posted.

What Moultrie did you get? I have 2 of the 1.3mp from last year but I want to get one of the 4mp out of Cabelas this fall. Just curious about which one you are "testing".

Thanks,

Jay Mo

Coues

Reaction score
I don't understand why they do this. With the old film cams, false triggers were a big problem. But with the digital cams, who cares if you get 50 falsies? I would rather get falsies and EVERY deer that visits my site than no falsies and only 1/2 the deer.

2 of my Moutries will not take any pics at night for whatever reason. Everything works fine and the pics look good, but they stop working when the sun goes down. When it is 110 degrees and I get deer pics 20 minutes before sundown/sunup but notheing at night, I know something is wrong.

1BowHunter

Reaction score
seems to trigger faster on H-E about 1-2 sec after trigering the dual action takes 5-6 sec. as for the cam type I dont know I do the one that did not work right was 3.2 version I will know more after a week in the feild I have both cams on the same tree one above the other focussed on the same target spot.
Hope fully I get about the same number of event and photo last time the homebrew and stealth got 100 while moultrie got 12 will see later what happens.

basically was false triggering it was taking less photos than the others.

I want to get the 200 series but first I am going to make sure this works before forking out the mula.

jaymo2309: I just talked to a tech at moultrie he stated that my cam is newest version they have out he also stated that they no longer use 1.3 or any other version if the cam starts up without listing the ver and goes straight to programing it is new a new one. BY the way I had sent my old one in twice for repairs before they sent me this one.

Coues:"Moutries will not take any pics at night for whatever reason" when you program the flash is it on auto, on, or securety (which means it wont flash at night at all) try the auto setting. if this is not it send them back to fix it, call them first before you do though.

Top Bottom