recessed glass in game camera

mike88

Reaction score
Ok people this is to try to give something back for as much as all of you supplied here thanks alot. Ok what I like to do is use a piece of 1 3/4 round uv glass that I get out of those little halogen under the cabinet lights that I get off the job as throw aways. what I do is take a 1 3/4 forstner bit and drill the depth of the glass then after that I go all the way through with 1 1/4 hole saw this makes a nice recess flush with the door. ( pelican or highlander is what I use) then I tape the hole glass put it in the hole and from the front I use a razor blade to cut the tape and peel that part off then just silicone the inside lip let dry then remove tape. Makes a very clean job, sometimes I use an empty 35 mm film container and fill it with 44 mag bullets for weight to set till it cures. The flash I do the same but I cut that one square and use a fixture with a 1/4 straight router bit this takes longer but the results you can't beat

max

Reaction score
Hey Mike?
Can you post a picture of that flush mount? Sounds really clean,Thanks for the hint!!!!

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Flushmounted glass, that does sound like it'd look nice and neat

Tinhorn

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 Yes it does,and i would like to see it please,sonds like it would make a better seal agianst moisture also.
 Welcome Mike88

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
VERY GOOD MIKE.I'll have to try that on my next one. Thanks for the idea.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom