Recommendations for Meat Locker / Game Processing

83Yota

Reaction score
Wanted to see if any JHO’ers would be able to provide any recommendations / reviews for a Meat Locker and Game processor in the Corning, Red Bluff, or Orland areas?

I handle the processing of my venison each year but will be hunting a extended amount of time this year and would be interest in cold storage for a deer or two if I can pull it off again this year.

Then for the meat processing, this would more be for Bear processing as I would prefer to have a professional handle the task of processing the bear meat for sausage, ground and what not. I have a list of butchers for the area but would like to hear from all that have actually had game processed with great results.

Please let me know if you can help me out. Thanks.

slowpoke

Reaction score
I’ve had good results with Bowman Meat Company in Cottonwood (about 15 miles north of Red Bluff) for both deer and hogs

.300Savage

Reaction score
Clear creek market in redding, I've never had a bad experiance w/them but, it's not exactly in your target zone.
What ever you do avoid Kents meats. My dad got 1 pack of back straps out of a 200lb buck and I got like 6 from a small fork. The only thing we could figure was that the salame we had made at Kents was made entirely from back straps which didn't make much sence to us.

Last edited:

slowpoke

Reaction score
A&R custom meats just south of Red Bluff is very good too

HOGHUNTER714

Reaction score
I’ve had good results with Bowman Meat Company in Cottonwood (about 15 miles north of Red Bluff) for both deer and hogs
Haven't taken any hogs to Bowman yet, but the Ranch Hand where I hunt PRAISES these guys. I had some sausage from Bowmans last week when I met up with my friend for a fishing trip. It was AWESOME!!!!!! Give it a try!

83Yota

Reaction score
Thank you all for the comments, I'll look into Bowmen's and A&R. Thanks again!

bisonic

Reaction score
Los Molinos meats on Hwy 99 is very good too. They vacuum pack everything and make great pepper sticks. Good taxidermy also.

Top Bottom