Recommended Tejon Pig Guide

Portuguese Pointer

Reaction score
I am headed up in a couple of months for a guided pig hunt at Tejon ranch. If someone has a recommendation on one of the guides up there, can you please pass on that person's name? Feel free to PM me. Thank you.

Portuguese Pointer

Reaction score
Thanks to those that sentme a PM about Tejon guides, much appreciated. Can’t say enough about the guided hunt me and a buddy attended a couple of days ago. Great guide that got us into pig opportunities. My first pig and happy to have a guide coaching us. Tejon isamazing and besides harvesting a nice 150-175lber little boar, had nice viewing of a mountain lion 50 yards in front of the truck (he then quickly fled) followed by a bobcat about 20 yards out on one of the hikes. Weather was good and a niceway to spend 2 midweek days in the field in January. Only ran into one otherparty hunting over the 2 days and they were on quail.

Our pig encounters: small 3 pig sounder, 1 solo big boar, 10 pig sounder, 12 pig sounder, 15 pig sounder,and another solo boar. Of these, two were excellent shot opportunities, one wasa 230 yard full pig trot opportunity, and three were out of (our) range and infull trot mode. Very good odds for two hunters.

Can’t wait for the porkchops, ham, smoked ham, and sausage. Looking forward to next year.

IMG_0238 (2).jpg

IMG_9810.jpg

IMG_9813.jpg

Buddy waiting for a shot once the cows clear
IMG_9750 (2).jpg

Snapshot(9)_LI.jpg

Snapshot(10).jpg

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
Wtg P.P., congrats to u and your friends on a successful hunt. Thanks for sharing! Nice pics including the headless hunters.......lol.......tra

p.s. Finally a great post besides rock pile stacks........lol

Last edited:

KTKT70

Reaction score
Way to go brother. Congrats on the hunt. BBQ time.

pierpont scott

Reaction score
Congrats on the pigs . The hunting has been tuff for the last few months. We go up all the time and just started see pigs recently. What side they take you on ? North or south?

Portuguese Pointer

Reaction score
Pierpont, I apologize but it was our first time up there.As you know, the property is enormous. I’m not really sure the sections we wereon and if we crossed some sort of North or South property line. But I can say that we saw fresh tracks ineach major area and fresh rooting in certain areas. The combination of a greatguide, recent rains, a new moon, and some luck all seemed to help us out. Good luck.

KTKT70

Reaction score
He asked for Bryan but was told he is no longer a guide up there. I don't recall who he went out with but he said the guy was good and knew his stuff. Are you heading out soon? I know the highlands got snow last night. Has been a cold week up there.

Portuguese Pointer

Reaction score
Who was your guide?
Our Tejon guide’s name is Cody. Great guy...passionate, knowledgeable, hard working, and has 15+ years there. So far, the pork chops and the jalapeño cheddar sausage were outstanding. Ribs and other cuts too follow.

4667C4BB-4B41-4AC1-AD65-3220121AF648.jpg2617C7E7-8142-4CE6-BC36-F563B4BB6E18.jpg

KTKT70

Reaction score
Nice stuff. Congrats agian. Hey I forget if you alr day told my. Who did you use for the proceeding? Was it done near the ranch?

Portuguese Pointer

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]The ranch admin staff suggested not using a processor near there because it was the opposite direction of my travels home. Used T&H Meats here in San Diego County which is highly regarded. It is also pretty close to home. Despite being warm on the drive from Tejon to the butcher that day, was fortunate that the dressed/skinned boar just barely fit in my large offshore fishing cooler so the meat stayed cool.[/FONT][/FONT]

Latest Posts

Top Bottom