Red Stag over 500 SCI

Gray Ghost Safaris

This year it is expected that my New Zealand Outfitter will again produce Stags exceeding 500 SCI points. We have the number 1 non typical already at 589 6/8, but could we break that record this year? Time will tell...GGS

DEERSLAM

I'd hate to see the price tag on that head $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

Glass eye

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DEERSLAM @ Apr 2 2008, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'd hate to see the price tag on that head $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!
[/b]
DEERSLAM
You can hunt red deer and all big game in NZ for the price of airfare and a $25 gun permit. No license or tag fees, year-round, no limit either sex. However, don't expect a 500" stag on public land. Those giants that you see on hunting shows are on private land.
It would be like hunting elk on public land in Colorado, most taken are raghorns but if you hunt hard and get lucky there are big ones too.

ps. No guide requirements either. A DIY hunt is possible.

DEERSLAM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Glass eye @ Apr 27 2008, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DEERSLAM @ Apr 2 2008, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b]
DEERSLAM
You can hunt red deer and all big game in NZ for the price of airfare and a $25 gun permit. No license or tag fees, year-round, no limit either sex. However, don't expect a 500" stag on public land. Those giants that you see on hunting shows are on private land.
It would be like hunting elk on public land in Colorado, most taken are raghorns but if you hunt hard and get lucky there are big ones too.

ps. No guide requirements either. A DIY hunt is possible.
[/b][/quote]

Yep Breck you got it right. I'm actually going to NZ in July to hunt free range Red Stag. I'm hoping for a 300-330" er

Gray Ghost Safaris

Sorry for the slow reply guys. We just opened a new concession in Australia for Buffalo and I'll post a pic in another thread of a live bull that may be the next worlds record. If not, he'll be in the top 5 I'd bet. Here's a Stag that pushed a five foot spread.....We've already taken some giants last month, and as mentioned, I think this year will produce some of the largest NZ Stag's ever. Fallow Deer too. Our area is private. We have our own aircraft, so there's no waiting for your turn to fly into the hunting area. Not a cheap hunt for sure, but for a trophy hunter, simply the best. DIY hunts are a lot of hard work and very rewarding. I wish each of you good hunting this year. GGS

Attachments

He is stiff..... Maybe because he has such strength from carrying around that HUGE rack, even in death he is still trying to stand proudly. Just a th
ought

calisdad

daaaaaaaang is right. Check that dude for stagroids. It just seems there's a point where antlers that size are no longer an advantage and become a disadvantage.

That rack will NOT fit in the overhead bins. But it does have a place for every hat I've ever owned. Unbelievable. :thumbs up2:

Railguner

Look like a Stag Wapiti hybrid. As for me...I could hunt Gobi Argali for the $ some of these guys are asking for 400" stag. I think they are nuts for some of the prices they ask for there stag hunts. WR

Top Bottom