Mentor Wanted Redding area mentor wanted

Jeffb

Reaction score
Hi every one. Been looking at this site for a while and just decided to join up. I'm interested in finding a hunting mentor in the Redding area. I'm 33, married, 2 kids, and a full time job. I've had my hunting license for the last 2 years but have yet to kill anything. I picked up a bow 2 years ago and shoot a few times per week. Archery b zone opens next month so that's my plan to start with. Also have a .22 pellet gun, AR, 22lr rifles, and an M44. (still Need to get a shotgun) I'm in shape and have no problem hiking in and packing out. I'm up for just about anything, rabbits and squirrels to pig and deer. A quick trip to WY for antalope? I've fished my whole life, mostly saltwater, now I want to fill the freezer with some mammal. Thanks for the help.

Brnsvllyjohn

Reaction score
Welcome. Since you live in the Redding area you are a little further north than I normally hunt and I hunt mostly weekdays anymore. Have you been applying for deer hunts in the drawing? You live close enough to some really good X zones to do a lot of scouting and B as well as C zones can be good once you learn the areas. X zone archery is a little easier to get than rifle season tags.
Where do you fish now? Not much salt water action near Redding. LOL

Jeffb

Reaction score
Born and raised in San Diego, moved up about 5 years ago. I just got back from an overnight off shore trip down there. The coast is about 2.5 hr drive and I try to hit it at least once a year for rockfish. If I fish around here I'll do Shasta or whiskey town. There is some really good trout water and I picked up the fly rod a few years ago. But back to hunting, yes I've seen some great bucks in the off season in C zones. A few in the B zones. Just not sure how to close the deal during the season. Planing on going scouting in a few weeks. I haven't done any drawings yet.

Beastmode

Reaction score
PM headed your way. I'm in cottonwood.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Advertisement

Top Bottom