reed relay

coyotehunters

Reaction score
IS THERE A RELAY FROM RADIO SHACK THAT WILL REPLACE THE 275-232. MY LOCAL RADIO SHACK IS OUT OF THAT ONE AND THE NEAREST ONE IS 30 MILES AWAY.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
That's the 5v reed relay one rite?    they don't have anything else unless you go to 12 volts

Tinhorn

swampfox

Reaction score
I've noticed everyone is looking for a cheaper relay than the one from RS,and some have found some. I looked at several but am not sure which will work. I think the one I bought from RS had three terminals on one end and one on the other. Then I look at the pictures from the electronic websites and the look like they have  2 terminals on each end. Help,I need some part numbers so I can order a few,I'm hooked now and ready to build another cam and trying to save money .If you suggest a part number,I'd like to know how well these relays work...Thanks.....I'm Electronically challenged!:skeered::skeered::skeered::skeered:

woodsman

Reaction score
---------------------Parts list-----------------------------R/S Mini pir alarm ----#49-425-$24.99---------------R/S 5VDC reed relay-#275-232-$2.49------R/S center off T switch--#275-620A-$4.49---R/S Toggle Switch on off ------#275-324-$2.99---R/S 50,1A Diodes 2-#276-1101A-$0.49---R/S LED ---#276-270-$1.99---I hope this will help.        

(Edited by woodsman at 10:48 pm on Feb. 25, 2002)

swampfox

Reaction score
woods,thanks for the reply. but i've already used those parts. i'm trying to find them cheaper than RS and would like some alternative part numbers from other companies....mike

swampfox

Reaction score
hey coyote ,thanks.does that relay have 3 prongs on one end and one prong on the other like the one from RS?????

jayber

Reaction score
It has 2 on each end, different than the RS relay.

swampfox

Reaction score
ok jayber,im confused. how do you wire it up? i know nothing about electronics,but was able to build my first cam from the color diagram.i dont know the difference in the pins..thanks

coyotebandit

Reaction score
2 are for the coil that activates the electromagnetic switch. The other two terminals are the N.O. switch contacts. Hope that makes sense.

coyotebandit

Reaction score
SwampFox,

For example, this is the pin assignment for the following relay. See how the 2 center pins connect to the coil, this powers the switch to close. On a standard RS PIR setup the two wires from your PIR (pin #2 and ground) would connect to the 2 coil connections on the relay(2 & 3). Pins 1 & 4 on this relay would connect to your camera(5+6 & Ground), essentially replacing the pushbutton on the camera with this electromagnetic switch.  

This is the schematic for this relay:

http://www.newark.com/psearch/Description.jsp?sku=93B9971

This relay already has a diode across the coil, so there would be no need to solder one there.

Hope this makes things more clear.

CB

jayber

Reaction score
Swampfox,
With the pins facing you and the wider plastic portion of the relay where the pins go into facing to the right, the top two pins are the coil.  You can double-check the coil with a multimeter set to Ohms.....wherever you get a reading, that is the coil.

INshedpicker

Reaction score
I believe I can help out here with the All-Electronics Relay, RLY-395.  As stated before, there are two pins at each end of the relay.  At one end, there is a "l" next to one of the pins.  The pin closest to the "l" and the one at the other end of the relay, on the same side are the coil connections.  the two on the other side are the N/O contacts which go to the camera.  

|-----N/O--------|
   |                       |
   /                     /

/                      /
   |-----Coil---------|

I know, I'ts about time I upgraded this old CAD software.

I believe Dbworld has used this relay and can confirm or deny what I've posted.

(Edited by msfelton at 6:41 pm on Feb. 26, 2002)

swampfox

Reaction score
thanks guys . that made a little more sense.sorry you had to break it down.i'm just not electronically inclined.

jayber

Reaction score
Neither am I swampfox so don't sweat it!  Let us know if you need more help and one of us will try.

Top Bottom