REED's closing for good

Spoony

Reaction score
REED's sporting goods is closing it's doors.
Another hunting source gone. There aren't may places left for the outdoorsman in the bay area.

FYI- They will still offer Guns, ammo at their shooting range.

tmoniz

Banned
Reaction score
Are you talking about the Reeds in San Jose off Alum Rock Road?

.257magman

Reaction score
there moving everything to santa clara.....the place where the have the indoor range last I heard...
so no big deal!
.257magman

tmoniz

Banned
Reaction score
If it's the Reed's I'm thinking of. I bought my first rifle there when I was a kid.

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
yeh, it sucks that we are loosing another sporting outfitter shop thats family owend and operated for years. the owners are good friends of mine and they say times are changing so they have to make the move and downsize to a smaller operation were they will be just mostly gun dealers only now. they were one of our areas primere sporting shops for cycling, fishing and hunting goods, that leaves only Mel Cotton's sporting shop in our whole San Jo area know for our outfitting needs and who knows how much longer they will be around! have to order most of my goodies from Cabela's and Bass Pro's these days, oh well............................tra

.257magman

Reaction score
WALMART has put many of smaller stores of all types 6 feet under I always tried to
support local sporting good stores but in the real world of $4.50 a gal gas and food
prices being up 32% stores like Cabelas, Bass, E-Bay will be around a long time...
Cabelas has been there since 1961 and is a 3 billon dollar company!
.257magman

map

Reaction score
Reeds going under is a great loss for us too. Especially, now that the new Mel Cottons isn’t what it used to be. I have to push myself though racks and racks of clothing just to get to the gun and hunting department. It wasn’t like that in the old days. When I purchased my Savage 110 Presentation Grade 30-06 (looks like a Parker Hale) from the original Mel Cotton the store was setup up for hunters and outfitters first, and all others second. One of the reasons I was glad that my boy enrolled at San Jose State was that he would pass by the Alum Rock Exit on the way to and from school, and would be able to pick up ammo at Reeds.

While on our way to the American River for salmon fishing, and on our way to duck hunting at the Sacramento Wildlife Refuge there is a new large sporting goods store along the freeway in Vacaville that is devoted 100% to Guns, Hunting, and Fishing. They have a window open during early morning for fishermen needing live bait. I forgot the name of the place, so maybe someone can jump in and give us more information.

Richard

Spoony

Reaction score
Cabelas in Boomtown
Bass Pro opening soon in Mateca
Greedy gun lawsuit lawyers
Walmart Prices

Perhaps a little of all??

I'll sure miss the annual parking lot sale.

Thank You for what you gave us Mr Reed, your store will be missed greatly.

Speckmisser

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mapmaker @ Jul 6 2008, 12:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
While on our way to the American River for salmon fishing, and on our way to duck hunting at the Sacramento Wildlife Refuge there is a new large sporting goods store along the freeway in Vacaville that is devoted 100% to Guns, Hunting, and Fishing. They have a window open during early morning for fishermen needing live bait. I forgot the name of the place, so maybe someone can jump in and give us more information.[/b]
The shop is Guns, Fishing, and Other Stuff. http://www.gunsfishing.com/

Good sized place. Good selection of guns, and decent selection of gear.

Top Bottom