Refresh option on Brians timer?

slyder

Reaction score
Do I need to hook up the refresh pin on Brians timer? If so do i need to use a 3 wire system on my Owls and loose the solder bridge. Any help?

INshedpicker

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I think you may have to, if you already have your chip.  I say this because, the info Brian posted said it would trigger the shutter for around 3 seconds, which in many instances is not enough without the refresh.  Now, if you don't have your chip yet, I bet Brian would surely be willing to program a longer time so that you wouldn't *have* to.  

In my opinion though, I would hook it up if I had the option.

slyder

Reaction score
you hook the refresh wire to pin 5 and 6 on the cam right? Or do i even need the solder bridge between them?

INshedpicker

Reaction score
You will have to remove the solder bridge and use the three wire setup with the refresh option.  The refresh wire goes to pin 6 and the shutter wire to pin 5.  Take your time and good luck!

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
Slyder,

Sorry for the delay but Easter had me busy.

The shutter time is four seconds.  If you are using the Owl PF I would also recommend using the refresh since it is built in and only requires one more wire.  The optos have been optimized for minimal current drain for the three wire system and will not work for a two wire system with the solder bridge unless you change out the resistor to the opto from 10K to 1K.

The functionality of the refresh guarantees the camera will take a picture as fast as it can and that it will not be waiting on the flash to charge.  You will notice that after the delay between pictures it will refresh the camera before enabling the PIC for the next trigger this way if it was in a long delay say 20 minutes or more depending on your settings the refresh would build the flash back up in case it was triggered again right after the long delay.

Top Bottom