Regent MS20 PIR HELP

jefft

Reaction score
I am in the process of building my first camera. I started with the Regent MS20 PIR. I replaced the relay with the RS 275 005 relay. Everything went fine. I went to test the sensor and the relay energizes and the contacts close, it resets and closes. It just keeps on cycling and the contacts do not stay open. Any Ideas ??? Thanks for the help

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Hi Jeff

welcome to the forum !

what are you powering the MS20 with?  weak batteries will cause this

Tinhorn

jefft

Reaction score
At this time I am using a power supply and it is putting out 9.1 volts.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
I guess it's not picking you up and tripping?  

I use one of those Aux Pencil erasers you can buy to stick on wood pencils, the kind that's wedge shaped, to slip on the PIR element when I'm working on it so it don't detect me so easily.

Small spikes in the power supply can false trigger PIR's real easy, mite try a 9 volt battery just to be sure your power supply is not the culpret.

Other Than That, I can't think of a thing?

Tinhorn

jefft

Reaction score
It was late Friday night and I found my problem. My garage was cold and the floursent light that does not have a cold weather ballast in was flickering and causing it to trip. One other question. to hook up a walk light on the  ms 20  pin 14 is that resistor 14 ? I did not quite follow where to hook it up. Does the - go back to the battery or is there a place on the board to hook this wire? Thanks for the help this is strting to get adicting.

JoelM

Reaction score
Pin 14 is on and IC(integrated curcuit). It is on your MS20 sensor board. The wire from pin 14 goes to the LED the other wire on your LED goes to negative.

Hope this helps. I just finished my first camera and am trying it out now...

Top Bottom