REGENT MS20 SENSOR

SIMPLEARKANSAN

Reaction score
HOW WIDE OF TAPE STRIPS ON THE FRESNEL LENS HAVE YOU ALL BEEN USING TO NARROW THE 110 DEGREE RANGE OF THE MS20 ?

(Edited by SIMPLEARKANSAN at 9:40 am on Aug. 18, 2001)

grtwythunter

Reaction score
S.A.- I narrowed it by an inch on each side.It seemed to do the trick in testing, but all I have gotten is false triggers in the field(109 degree heat) I put a thermostat on my cam and put it back out this morning, so we'll see how it works now.   Scott

gizz

Reaction score
Simple - I use a piece of black tape (about 3/4") on each side of the pir on my cams with the entire pir lense exposed. Lately I've been using a 1" hole with the PIR lense mounted flat to the inside of the cover. This has worked well for me here in PA - but it's only around 80 degrees or so.

robNhood

Reaction score
I use one strip of electrical tape on each side. The standard tape size.

dharter

Reaction score
I had cut out some pices of plastic and used electrical tape to hold them in place.  Today I was testing my camera.  I was about 20 ft. away.  I checked my field of detection using the LED.  It was a narrow range considering that there is a delay in the canon owl pf date when you don't refresh it.  So I took my shilelds on each side of the ms20 fresnel lens,off.  I did not notice much improvement.   It might be different closer in or maybe it is the temperature.

Richard Webb

Reaction score
S.A. - If you want to shorten the range a little to get it more in tune with the flash, D.V. Shooting posted a picture of his 3rd Edition Trail Cam. That guy sure took some good pictures with it. I tried the same configuration with the bottom roll of the fresnal lens taped off, and it seemed to have less false triggers.

The URL didn't come up in blue again, so will try again:
http://communities.msn.com/JessesTrailCamP...amp;PhotoID=477

(Edited by Richard Webb at 8:19 pm on Aug. 18, 2001)

Top Bottom