Relay Questions

Dbworld

Reaction score
I am building my second camera now using the Mainstay wm2 sensor.  My first was with the RS pir.  I noticed the modification plans for each required different relays.  Can you use a reed relay in the wm2 like you use in the RS pir? I like the fact that they are so quiet and cost about the same.  This is a question for my next cam (the wife is loving me!).  I already have a regular (?) blue box type relay in the wm2 sensor I'm building now.

Dbworld

Reaction score
On a semi related noted.  Does anybody know of a good beginners book on electronics....including programming circuits.  I'm ignorant of this stuff, but from my first cam (3 weeks ago) all this electronics stuff has got me intrigued.   I can follow instructions to make these cams but am the type of person to have to know how and why everything works, rather than just accept that it does.

davered1

Reaction score
DBworld,

You can use the 5 volt relay in the mainstay,search Tinhorn posts,he has a pic or 2 somewhere that shows how to hook up.

Radio shack has a bunch of books on simple circuits at a reasonable price,check them out.

good luck

Top Bottom