relay

coyotehunters

Reaction score
is it very common for the relay from all electronics to cause problems. i just hooked up my rs pir with one and it is acting really weird.i power it up and it will trigger the camera when it sees motion for a few times and then it seems to stick shut. i try to manually press the camera button and nothing happens.if i power the pir down and start over it will work ok for a few more times and then lock up again. i am really having a hard time with this thing. what could it be.

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
If its a reed relay, try pointing it up or down. They do get some wierd ones, some only work in one direction.

coyotehunters

Reaction score
IT IS IN FACT A REED RELAY AND I HAVE IT MOUNTED WITH THE PINS POINTING TO THE SIDE. I WILL MOUNT IT WITH THE PINS POINTING UP THIS AFTERNOON AND SEE HOW THAT WORKS. THANKS FOR THE HELP

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
I found that pins down was better for mine.  They will fire the camera sometimes when you bump them if on the side.  no big deal if you turn the camera off during transportation

Jon5ja

Reaction score
One other thing I've seen happen is that the relay internals can become magnetized and stay "stuck" shut.  This has happened to me especially if I was using a higher voltage than was nominal for the relay coil (or if I'd ever used too high a voltage on the coil).  If this is the case, swapping the relay's coil wires around will often solve the problem.

Advertisement

Top Bottom