Remington Model 7 LS. best 1-5X or 2-7/8X scope for up to $500

Quiet

Reaction score
Funds allowing, I'm hoping to pick up a new .308 Remington Model 7 LS. Who do you think makes the best 1-5X or 2-7/8X scope for up to $500? It's for deer hunting in California's Sierra Nevada mountains. Want to keep the glass light and simple. Thanks.

CaliforniaKid

Reaction score
Vortex. I love everything I have on my rifles from them. AR-15 all the way up to a .300 WM.

TheGDog

Reaction score
Just get a Vortex Crossfire II 2-7x32mm. They weigh like 14oz. That 2x low power can let ya snap on target fast in the thicker stuff... and 7x will let ya reach out a bit when the time comes. Got 3 of those scopes from them. And just got a 3-9x40mm Crossfire II for the .17 HMR I just bought. Only because the terrain I plan to hunt with that one the 9x will help a little placing shots on little bunnies at longer distances. Also I love that the reticle is BDC but not cluttered looking.

quaildeath

Reaction score
I agree with vortex, however, please checkout the baseline nikons. I was very impressed and bought one.

Quiet

Reaction score
I thought the Crossfire line was mainly for rimfire rifles. Would it really compare with a Leupold VX-II or III? How's the Zeiss Terra scopes?

Top Bottom