Reno bow hunters looking for a place to hunt hogs.

renodave

Reaction score
i live in reno we are bow hunters and looking for a place to hunt that is somewhat reasonable thanks

Bubblehide

Reaction score
The Jack Ranch in Parkfield (http://www.jackranchwildpighunts.com/) has had a good operation for years. They changed head guides and subsequently some tactics, such as glassing from a distance to find desired sized pigs, and hiking to the hogs instead of running the trucks up to them at 50 MPH jumping out and shooting them on the run. As such they now often slowly drive by groups of smaller pigs without spooking the hell out of them any longer; with the pigs often times staying pretty much were they were. Now, yes I'm talking about their rifle hunts, but the change in tactics make a huge difference for archery hunters, and now you'd actually have a good chance at taking a quality hog.

A few friends of mine just got back from a hunt there and each had opportunities at hogs as close as 30 feet, each harvested a pig, and they saw lots of pigs, along with some of the nicer bucks that come out during the rut (their deer hunting has been reserved to only the ranch hands for years now, with no intention on opening it up to paying clientele. I sure others will chime in on other quality places.

Best of luck!

HOGHUNTER714

Reaction score
Hey RenoDave,

I'm in Sparks. I would take a hard look at Bill Burrows Ranch in Red Bluff (About 3 1/2 hours from Reno). If you have 3 hunters, it's well worth it. Hunt, Meals and Lodging around $650 pp for a 3 day weekend. His place backs up to a place I hunt and he has some quailty hogs on his 5000 acres.

Burrows Ranch,
12250 Colyear Springs Road, Red Bluff, CA 96080.
Telephone: 530-529-1535

deermagnet

Reaction score
Dave,

Did you find something yet?
We could do you a pretty good special for archery semi-guided. Trespass fee plus harvest fee.
Out of Red Bluff with no lodging.
Give us a shout..650-888-0808

renodave

Reaction score
thanks

ok cool i will be calling today to see if can work this out thanks for your time dave
Dave,

Did you find something yet?
We could do you a pretty good special for archery semi-guided. Trespass fee plus harvest fee.
Out of Red Bluff with no lodging.
Give us a shout..650-888-0808

Top Bottom