Report from Deedees

Cal hunter

Reaction score
Got a text today from Oneshothunter that said got hogs! Then tonight got anothere text that him and his buddies were all tagged out.2 sows and one boar.3 hunters 3 hogs.Im sure we will here more from him tomorrow night when he gets home

oneshothunter

Reaction score
my buddys and I went to deedys place <brysonhesperia resort > first off the resort is the best even to nice for hunters lol next deedy and her daughter well what can Isay
kern took us to shoot at the little hairy things in the field we didnt kill any so we will leave that at that
ok now some hunting friday afternoon we get to the range and sight in the guns we all do just fine deedys ok with are shots and we get ready to hunt that afternoon so the 3 of us and deedy head to a spot we meet up with <tom willoughby > who we all got to meet and is a very nice guy
more on tom later anyway tom takes my 2 buddys deedy takes me we go are way they go there way well night came and went no pigs seen but boy is the place very nice [attachment=50592:pIC00063.JPG]so we head back and eat drink and talk about the next day so again tom gets my buddys and deedy gets me so tom and the guys head to san megal ?Ithink and deedy and I shoot out to a new spot well around 8:30 sat .. we are slowly look at the hillsides and Isay hey pigs and then i see willbur <blackand white spotted hog>so its game on deedy asks can you get a shot and me being new to hunting with a rifle I say how far she says 150 or so im saying noway Iget my range finder and 256 yrds and my marlin and sure will shoot that but oneshot has not lol <range 100yrds max >is what Iwas practicing ok so we head up hill to try to cut them off and kinda didnt make it
but we think the pigs are still there anyway we take off for the morning and in the mean time toms has called and my buddys are tagged out 2 nice size sows so sat .afternoon we are hooking up with tom now my story for me was the funnest part of my trip Iwas pumpped about see hogs over on deedys place so the afternoon hunt was going to be a blast we get out and meet up with tom we jump into his truck and off we go tom is a man of 3 words <saftey on -dont shoot till I say -and nice shot > lol tom you and the best you do know your stuff
back to hunting we are drink a dirt road for what seem like hours and then he turns off the road and 4wd up the hill we go lol to the top of the hill he get his binos out to glass i have mine on deedy is glassin tom says hog .. we all look and theres lots of hogs ok game on he says get your gun and we are off to the foot races down the hill and trying to keep from letting the hogs know we are coming deedy has a radio and is are look out we get within 50 yrds of the hogs all is so kool im thinkin 50 yrds boom lets laugh and have a beer well toms looking them over i thave crosshairs fixed to the shoulder of the biggest pig grass is a liitle tall and tom says no thats a sow Im ok far right no also a sow ok far let ok ready no no sow about that time the hill came alive there was little piglets everywhere and we watch them slowly run away up hill my heart ready to fly out of my chest and im huffin and puffin from a little hike thinkin that was so fun he looks at me and says we dont need to kill the wet ones with all the littles ones ok so back into the truck we hit so many place and im so turned around in the place i dont really no if we headind west east north south well time is burning and im feeling the truck is getting faster and toms opening and closin gate very fast we are drivin again for what seen like hrs.. deedy says we covers about 15k acers in 2 hrs about ok so last gate we glass and drive and then tom is all gas no brakes and is on the move oh chit more pigs out he goes and hes tell me to shot the last hog I fly out of the truck its a steep up hill shot no sticks boom nothing <note to self dont lead the hog >tom say get in gas pedal down we are off again the hogs are side hillin us we get in front of them tom stops and now Ihave the sticks and he say the rear hog I scope it and there piglets right in the spot in aiming for about that time he says get in let go now hes running that old truck hard and say hold on we are going up hill to cut them off so tom make it 3/4 the way up the pigs are coming right to us toms say there going to come out right here Itake the sticks and get my head into the game im watchin the hogs in my scope Isee the bore and wait for the window to open in the trees the bore clears the trees and Ihave the crosshairs on his shoulder and boom and Istart running thinkin did I miss tom says what are u doing ? and freakin thinkin I missed and Isay were is he tom starts laughin hes right where you shot him he drop like a rock he tells me to get down there to make sure hes done Ihead down as fast as Ican thinkin ok pigstay down anyways that shot was the shot that did it I got only 3 or so pics <tom is fast to act when you have shot a hog >[attachment=50589:pIC00064_edited.JPG][attachment=50590:pIC00065_edited.JPG][
ttachment=50591:pIC00068_edited.JPG][attachment=50593:pIC00062.JPG]anyways tom skins hogs in about 10 mins and is very good at it

again <<<TOM WILLOUGHBY THANK YOU VERY MUCH >thats most of my story till Iget the ok to tell the rest of the story thats mine and im sticking to it
deedy remember what happens at your place stays at your place
<DEEDY AND KERN >i had a great time my first guided hunt and first pig with a rifle its not the biggest but im not a headhunter it will go on my wall because its my trophy thanks again oh and nice to meet you spekmisser hope you got some good pics of the turkeys man that place is jumppin with birds

Attachments

XDHUNTER

Reaction score
Congrats oneshothunter and what a nice shot..congrats to your friends also.

Bryson

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Nice work, Oneshot! That's a nice, fat hog! Glad you tagged out!

Nice meeting you yesterday. I thought about hanging around, but figured it would be good for me to head back to the home front last night. I'll be heading down to Texas this week, and will be gone for a lot of weekends over the next few months.

oneshothunter

Reaction score
spec .. it was also nice to meet you it was nice to put a face with the guy in front of the pc lol hope you got good pics of the turkeys I also got some pics of the ones I was walking with this weekend ..

oneshothunter

Reaction score
yes flat my little 30-30 with the hornaday bullet went right through both shoulders and the lungs and heart and didnt shock the meat like I have seen other bullets do and thanks

wyemjohnson

Reaction score
Nice hog oneshot! Sounds like it was a quite a wild ride! Glad you tagged out!

oneshothunter

Reaction score
if you want a hog and a very wild ride getting it book a hunt wow the place is loaded with pigs of all sizes Iwould have rather take it with my bow but my other 2 buddys are not much for flingin arrows so the rifle came out and did a very good job cuzz im not a rifle hunter and im the first guy to say so lol but that hog has only 2 holes from one bullet lol shot in exit out lol im happy with the ending ..and tom willoughby is a very good man he does know his landand deedy has great cabins but i do have one bad thing to say about it it way to quit .. lol wow had to turn the radio on so it was like home lol thanks again deedy

Speckmisser

Reaction score
"Way too quiet..."

Now there's a problem to have!

You guys should've come over and jumped in on the foosball game Karin and I had going... that would've livelied things up!

z71stealth

Reaction score
Too quiet - ha! didn't know there was such a thing...

Sounds like a great weekend -- nothin' like a little Run 'n' Gun!

BrysonHesperiaResort

Reaction score
Hey Oneshothunter!
Thanks for coming, I'm glad you had a really good time. I think the "way too quiet" was just the ringing in your ears from maybe the target range? I'm kidding of course.

Our hunters had absolutely beautiful weather for the weekend, the full moon (100% on Friday evening) stumped us a little, pigs were nowhere to be seen that night. As we left the field that night, I watched that big old moon shine just as bright as daylight 30 minutes after sunset. I knew we'd have to hunt hard, none of that "taking it easy" this weekend. Since a couple of the guys really wanted to leave a day early, Tom and I decided to change strategies for the weekend hunt.

Everything worked out perfect- we didn't get a lot of time to play around and hammer "little hairy things" (squirrels) but we got everyone tagged out a day early on a full moon. Thanks you guys for coming, congratulations Oneshothunter for a picture perfect slam-dunk on your first hog. Nice boar dropped dead in his tracks with one shot through the heart.

Speck- Karin wants a rematch,
She has a new foosball strategy waiting just for you... I think it involves a little shooting match with clay targets as part of the score.

BrysonHesperiaResort

Reaction score
Here's the photo off my camera Oneshot- I'll send it over to ya...

[attachment=50652:eek:neshot_3_22_08.jpg]

Here's the turkeys we got some pix of Sat morning, yep, that's Oneshot sittin' shotgun!

[attachment=50653:turkeys_3_22_08.jpg]

Attachments

BGH831

Reaction score
Hope that was a copper hornady bullet out in that country. Hate to hear of a guy getting himself in trouble over a bullet and 5 foot flying garbage disposal. I love my .30-30 with the Leverlution ammo but alas it will sit in the safe waiting for me to go out of state or give up and sell it. Congrats on the hog sounds like you had a great time.

Advertisement

Top Bottom