Report: NKorea plans to fire missile toward Hawaii

easymoney

Reaction score
North Korea may fire a long-range ballistic missile toward Hawaii in early July, a Japanese news report said Thursday, as Russia and China urged the regime to return to international disarmament talks on its rogue nuclear program.
The missile, believed to be a Taepodong-2 with a range of up to 4,000 miles (6,500 kilometers), would be launched from North Korea's Dongchang-ni site on the northwestern coast, said the Yomiuri daily, Japan's top-selling newspaper. It cited an analysis by the Japanese Defense Ministry and intelligence gathered by U.S. reconnaissance satellites.
The missile launch could come between July 4 and 8, the paper said.
Report: NKorea plans to fire missile toward Hawaii

Gates Orders Measures to Protect Hawaii From North Korea Missile
June 18 (Bloomberg) -- Defense Secretary Robert Gates said he has ordered the U.S. military to take defensive measures should North Korea attempt to fire a ballistic missile toward Hawaii.
“I think we are in a good position, should it become necessary, to protect American territory,” Gates told reporters at the Pentagon today.
Gates Orders Measures to Protect Hawaii From North Korea Missile - Bloomberg.com

Way to go Sec Gates, I'm glad you're on board... Too bad your boss won't do his job.

pbrdog

Reaction score
The US will have that missile shot down before it gets past thier 12 mile coast barrier.

Marty

Reaction score
I seriously doubt it will go 100 miles. The last one was a flop. This one may not be much better.

Maybe the U.S. should show how precision targeting works.

easymoney

Reaction score
Barry may be a wimp, but Gates is old school tough, that's why he was kept on...
And I agree if launched it won't get far.

pbrdog

Reaction score
If the US can shoot down a satellite travelling 18,000 mph 300 miles above the earth and hit it with precise accuracy, we don't have anything to worry about with these cavemen trying to launch a big bottle rocket towards the US.

COHunter

Reaction score
Hawaii?, they should go for a real challenge and try to hit the San Francisco area

The rest of the country is daring them too LOL! :lol bashing sign::rotflmao:

Just kidding of course :)

Coues

Reaction score
If the US can shoot down a satellite travelling 18,000 mph 300 miles above the earth and hit it with precise accuracy, we don't have anything to worry about with these cavemen trying to launch a big bottle rocket towards the US.
"cavemen" literally, brought this nation to it's knees on 9/11

I don't think BO would have a problem killing a bunch of (non-Muslim) Koreans if it gained him political points. Now, if they were Syrians or Iranian, that would be another story.

hatchet1

Banned
Reaction score
once again..i have 3 boys .. lets get this crap done!! for the dudes thinking the draft is out of the question.. our military is spread waaaaay to thin guys..
im just a concerned dad getting a tadd nervous with all the war activity going on..
i know im not the only one.. i remember mom telling me stories of when we lived in alaska in the 60's of rocking my older bother in the rocking chair during the cuban missle
crisis freaking out...i know we are no where near that..but man its a challenging time ..
and when you have no confidence in your leader..it makes it even more frightening:skeered:

M

Mule_Deer_Dreamin

What frightens me is not that Barry will not go after them with the use of our military, but we will have to be attacked first. I believe we will lose thousands of Americans lives before Barry takes the offensive.

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Reaction score
I seriously doubt it will go 100 miles. The last one was a flop. This one may not be much better.

Maybe the U.S. should show how precision targeting works.
I suspect that's what it's all about. Kim knows that we won't tolerate a missile coming our direction. He knows we have the technology and if he's smart, he doesn't doubt we'll use it. He's banking on us shooting it down and then he'll cry "We were just testing it in the wide expanse of Pacific ocean and were about to detonate it over open ocean with no harm or threat to anyone; we consider this an aggressive act of war by the US and we now declare war on them in return."

The gamble we now face is "Will it fail on its own or do we shoot it down first?"

Coues

Reaction score
What if we shoot and miss? Won't that make this midget with the Napoleon complex even more arrogant and bold?

In the good ole days, we would just have the CIA stage an "unfortunate accident".

Marty

Reaction score
There's the rub: No liberal politician (from Feinstein down) could keep their mouth shut if the US did shoot down a rocket. It would be sweet if they could all say, "Sorry, Mr. Kim, but your missile must be lost."

Sodhunter

Reaction score
POTUS gets on phone with Kim and says, "If a rocket leaves your country headed for Hawaii and gets one foot over half way, the rocket gets disintegrated and SO DO YOU!". If we miss the rocket and it falls in the ocean, you will still be exterminated. Act of war? Yes. Retaliation for your act of war. You will be exterminated. You want to play with rockets, you better head it in a different direction.

ETC2NA

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
If he launches and claims it is nuclear, and we do not respond with a massive, not necessarily nuclear, but massive retaliation, every little dictator in the world will get that much stronger. Chavez will have Russians permanently stationed in Venezuela almost over night and Little Castro will be working the same deal. Iran will become openly belligerent and Israel will have to nail them first. Russia will probably make good on their threats to pacify their former republics (especially those working missile defense deals with us).

This has the potential to erupt in a really big way. Our enemies may be enjoying the current anti-US climate in the world, but they know they can't push too far because most of the world still survives on our dime and protection. But, most of the world still respects the strongest player most. If we are shown so weak as to let a nuclear attempt go unpunished, it will be a whole new world.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom