Reservation drawing question?

LetEmWork

Reaction score
Well guys...only 16 days till shooting commences! Any of you good people out there have any idea when the DFG draws the lucky reservations for the opening weekend? Also, when will they start mailing them out? I need to start leaving cookies and milk out for my mailman.

LetEmWork

E A Hunt

Reaction score
Think they did the draw today so they should be in the mail today or tomarrow.

P.S. only 9 days for some of us. Don't think i could wait 13.

My buddy's couldn't wait at all they are in Canade and it's non-stop shooting from what I heard over the phone.

spoonie

Reaction score
I went to los banos refuge today and turned in my tralier resi, and the gal told me they drew opening day this morning, so should see them sat....Good luck to all.......Rick

Swampy

Reaction score
         I hope I am one of the lucky ones! If not I will be in the sweat line for 4 days. I got the fake reservation in the mail yesterday thanking me for submitting my season apps. Didn't fool me as bad as years past.
       Come on mailman! You can do it! I only nee one for sat. and one for sun. You can do it!  

Jay

Reaction score
Don't need no stinking reservation, though I'll take one if I get one.

Gobs of birds out on the salt ponds.

Swampy

Reaction score
 Hey Jay. How many dekes do you use in your salt ponds? Do you ever get geese out there?

Jay

Reaction score
There be golf course geese in the area. Seen goose poop on the levees.

I've heard most spread out there are 4 - 5 dozen dekes but since most of the guys leave there dekes out all season the birds get wise so a smaller number may be in order later on. I think I'm going to leave the dekes out at the two man blind and keep a dozen at the one man blind and I'll only put those out when I hunt the one man blind. I figure later in the season you use the big spreads as bumpers.

Greenhead

Reaction score
Jay, please don't tell me you've become one of those club guys that ring in once or twice a year and say something snooty like "Got my club. Don't need a reservation." Like salt in a wound. To me, you'll always be Refuge Hunter.

Whoadog

Reaction score
 Did everybody that sent in the season long reservation application get a confirmation that DFG received it?  The reason I ask is I sent mine in a few weeks back and never received one.

Brian

duckme

Reaction score
I haven,t recieved any confirmation on my season form and it has me a little worried.

Jay

Reaction score
Don't worry GH, the salt pond is a back up.

Duck Fan

Reaction score
I am sure you will eventually get your confirmation letter on your season applications, but a good thing to do would be to check and see if your credit card was charged or your check deposited by DFG (depending on which way you paid them).  If the money was "cashed", then you are in there for sure...the confirmations will come.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom