Ressi Cards

REFUGE REJECT

Reaction score
Hey all,

I guess its my turn to be ignorant.

What the heck is a reservation card anyway.I hunt mainly, rivers,wildlife areas,and Humboldt Bay NWR.Humboldt Bay is sweatline only,so I really dont have a clue what they are or can do for you.Are they area specific or what.When do you have to put in the application if you would like to hunt an area that uses these cards. Sorry for being dense but If any of you want to Know how to run a Redwood log through a sawmill I'm your man.

Thanks  

(Edited by REFUGE REJECT at 4:23 pm on Nov. 8, 2001)

MQ

Reaction score
A ressi is the result of getting drawn to hunt for a particular hunting area. The drawings are held for the "Type A" refuges, mostly in the central valley. You apply for a spot at one of the refuges and if you are lucky enough to get drawn, you receive a reservation in the mail that allows you entrance into the refuge for the day you were drawn. You can get complete details by picking up the booklet entitled "Hunting on State and Federal Wildlife Areas" (or something to that effect)

Megadeth

Reaction score
Hey RR, Your a very lucky man if your not required to draw for resis. Its a huge scam brought to us by the Ca DFG to see who will pay club dues to hunt a State or Fed. wildlife area. Would you believe some guys spend their life savings to put in resis for every WED,SAT,SUN of the whole waterfowl season. Its a complete scam and many guys fund the system in a very profitable way. In my opinion, if you want to pay such heavy prices for a chance to hunt "Join a Club".

Megadeth

Reaction score
I was wrong when I said the word REQUIRED. Your only other option is to camp out in the parking lot.

huntducks

Reaction score
Megadeth

Man do I wish there were more that felt like you & I, the Reservation system is nothing but a CASH COW, I put in for 20 or so a year that's it.

If everyone would just boycot the system it would change, but it seems to get biger & biger each year I think it's part of the game with duck hunters in Ca.

Then when 20% or less show for a reservation that really pi$$ me off, if this state really cared they would limit the number of cards you could mail in for each refuge, each day, but no sucker bring your money spend $400 for 10 reservation, I would rather spend it on gas for a midwest hunt.

E A Hunt

Reaction score
Boycott the system and it would change !!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH   NO

What will it change into ?

Don't get me wrong. This season I think the system sucks the big one. I'm zero for about 75 and the kids zero for 25.

Cash COW........you betcha... Where we got scamed and where we are still getting scamed is where the hell has all the extra revenue gone since they made it sooooo easy to put an X next to every shoot day on every refuge ?

We should not have to be waiting for those crappy yellow cards. It should be online check system.

If i had two or three in the bag I'd be a happy camper but I'm bitter now.

Go back to fillin out the punch cards I say !!!!!!

1 card for 1 shoot day. No labels no code bar no nothin. You gotta fill every card out by hand thats the way I liked it.
My kids didn't but I did.

Soccer Dad

Reaction score
I'm with both of you.  This system does not work!  I remember one guy on the board from LA had Yolo Bypass on opening day.  He didn't know where it was or what it was like.  Thankfully someone filled him in on poor hunting there and he didn't make the trip.  But it does show that everyone just fills in the empty spaces.  The no show rate is incredible.  What happened to getting a resi and it meaning something?   I don't even take my kid because a sweatline is not a fun place to be at 4 AM to a 12 year old.
I should take the money and join a pheasant club!

huntducks

Reaction score
EA

To me it would be very simple you brake the refuges up into zones say 5, you could put in for 1 refuge in each zone for each shoot day, and yes you do go back to the punch cards and none of this season long apps.

i'm really tired of hearing about someone that has 5 reservations for opening day all over the state.

Years ago the cards were free and you got one card per refuge per half of the season,before putters they would keep people honest by stamping the back of your license with the refuge name when you checked throught with a reservation.

bloodsports

Reaction score
I was just wondering how everyone else is doing with the ressi system?  It seems like I have been lucky this year. As I write this I have three Ressi card on the frig.  Ress # 1 San Jacinto 11/21, Ressi #14 Wister 11/24 and Ressi #19 Kern 11/28.  I have also already drawn Ressi #1 for San Jacinto back on 10/17.  So far it has been a good year, Just keep them coming........

songdog

Reaction score
I got my first, #1 at Wister this coming Wednesday.  Looks so bad down there I might not make the trip... we'll see.  

Speckmisser

Reaction score
I only put in for Saturdays all season at Delevan and Sac.  I know the odds, but still kinda hurts that I haven't even been able to draw a big number...much less a good one.

d trees

Reaction score
so far three cards Merced onthe opener :biggergrin:
but since then only two mendotas :flush: but theres always HOPE , d

Swampy

Reaction score
  I'm ahead of the curve vs. last year. #34 LDC opening Sun. #15 Del. Last Weds. And #14 LDC the 17th. Hope I didn't use up all the luck before the weather gets here.

D Sea

Reaction score
I haven't received a single resi card yet this year.  Right on pace with last year when I didn't get a card all season.  

It's a good thing I don't make it to Las Vegas very often.

Fubar

Reaction score
stickman I am still waiting for my first card also. Last year i spent a lot of money and didnt get any cards. This year I spent a lot less and still didnt get any cards. At least I saved some money.              Fubar

TealMan

Reaction score
Nothing yet, but given that I only applied for Merced (and a few days at San Luis), I'm not surprised.

Top Bottom