Rewiring the MS20

u turned em

Reaction score
Before I go past the point of no return with the MS20, I wanted to be sure that I am to remove the blue "square box" on the IC board and relace it with the Radio Shack reed relay.  Is this correct?  The modification instructions also refer to not using one of the connectors on the new relay.  Can anyone enlighten me more?   Thanks.

StringShooter

Reaction score
Solder the 9 vdc Radio Shack relay in the same holes you just took the other relay out of. One lead of the Radio Shack relay is not used, you'll see which lead when you line up the holes, cut the unused leg off flush on the bottom of the relay.

StringShooter

Reaction score
The "blue box" you speak of is the 24vdc relay. You need to replace that as I explained above.

u turned em

Reaction score
String,

Would you happen to know the Radio Shack part number for the 9V replacement relay?  It looks like I've got my parts mixed up.........I bought the Radio Shack 5V relay as noted in the color drawing in the intructions for the Radio Shack PIR, but I'm going to use the Regent PIR.  Ooops!  I'm planning on using a 9.6V battery.......so I guess that I need the 9V relay?......please confirm that a 5V or 12V(I accidently bought one of those to) will not work???  Also, does the 9V relay require an added diode like the mods. for the 5V relay does?  Thanks.

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
A 5 volt would also work. If you use a 5, just switch to 6 volts instead of 9

davered1

Reaction score
The 5V relay you have (RS#275-232) is my preferred relay for the ms20, running it on 6 V gives you alot more options with a small batery pack, most 9V power sources are fairly big.

wire like this

Top Bottom