Rice, Rumsfeld, & Powell: No Second Term?

Welby

Reaction score
I read yesterday that Condeleeza Rice, Donald Rumsfeld, and Colin Powell were not going to be around for a second term, even if Bush wins. At least they are expected to not return. I read this in the Parade, the little magazine that comes out with the Sunday paper. This was mentioned in the little article about Vice President Dick Cheney.

Has anyone else heard anything about this? Is there any truth to that? Is there a riff between them and Bush? Or, are they just wanting a break? Who would replace them?

Should we be concerned about this?

gwhunter69

Reaction score
It is common for high powered people to leave after winning the second election. They can make millions in the private sector and that lures a lot of them away from the Government. Powell has been wanting to leave for a while. Condi is debating a politcal run. Rummy is probably saying, "I am too old for this Sh**!"

Welby

Reaction score
Who in the world will replace them???? Richard Myers, I guess he could take Powell's job, Stormin' Norman Schwartzkop (sp?) could take Rummy's job, and, uh, hmmm....I give up.

I really like those three.

gwhunter69

Reaction score
Stormin' Norman is not going any where near that life again. After his illness (cancer I think), I think he is enjoying retirement. I think you are going to see some of these positions filled by Governors OR Senators in States with Republican Governors. I am also guessing that you might see the name Zell Miller floated as soon as the retirements are announced. It will be interesting...we'll see what happens...

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
You don't want Stormin' Norman Schwartzkop as SOD. HE hates SPECOPs and it will kill our fight against the terrorists. He was so against using SPECOPs in GW1 that the Air Force had to lobby heavily to be allowed to lead the Cobra gunships in to detroy the Iraqi radar at the start of the war. USAF SPECOPs had the FLIR and night flying experience to do the raid but Norman was a hand wringer. The only way for the Cobras to find the radar stations was the USAF Pavelow helos who could find their way in the night. Going in with the radars still working would mean a lot of aricrews getting shot down. Stupid if you ask anyone who flys.

REad Norman's book, he's a old school armor guy who still thinks in the box. This war is unconventional and it takes bold and clever people like Rummy to keep the bad guys on the run.

Powell can go. He's a great diplomat but he's too PC and a dove. He's the big reason those boys got hung out to dry in Mogadishu. He was more worried about what the AC-130 looked like on CNN destroying bad guys then our own troop's safety. Unforgiveable IMO.

Rice is brilliant and she may be off for higher things.

Rummy would be a huge loss. I still say if Bush is reelected we will roll Tehran in Iran with armor if the students can't overthrow the whacked out mullahs there. Rep Rohrbacker from California floated the trial balloon last week by pointing a finger at Iran as the souce of the insurgency in Iraq. Now there is word Iran is going nuclear soon. And guess what, is it a coincendence Israel just ordered a slug of JDAMs? Any guesses on where those JDAMs will land in the coming year? Remember the reactor in Iraq that Israel vaporized?

W's goal is to take out the Jihad that was declared against us in the late 1970s. As long as those whacked mullahs in Iran are in power there will be no peace and the religouse zealots the muslim countries are turning out will continue.

God help us if a hand wringing liberal gets into office. Only one way to stop a realigouse zealot fighter. You kill them. THere is no truce or negotiations.

Welby

Reaction score
Good post, spectr17. I didn't know that about Schartzkop, or Powell for that matter. I thought Clinton was more to blame for the Mogadishu mess.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom