RICHARD WEBB?

SIMPLEARKANSAN

Reaction score
WHEN I FIRST BEGAN CAM BUILDING RICHARD WEBB SENT ME A REGENT MS20S  ALREADY WIRED FOR THE CAM.  HE WAS VERY HELPFUL AND ALWAYS ANSWERED MY QUESTIONS.  A WHILE BACK I READ THAT HE WAS GOING UP THE WEST COAST FISHING AND THAT WAS THE LAST POST I SAW OF HIS.  HAS ANYONE HEARD FROM HIM LATELY?

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Good to see his web-site is back in action - for a while there it had disappeared.

Archilochus

Jon Bain

Reaction score
I'm glad to see his site back up too.  He is still featuring my cam on the front page and that makes me feel good.  

SIMPLEARKANSAN

Reaction score
JON, THE LITTLE ELBOW OF CLOSED CELL FOAM ON YOUR CAM ON RICHARD'S WEBSITE.  DOES THAT EFFECTIVELY ELIMINATE FLASH BLEED?  THAT LOOKS MUCH SIMPLER THAN THE METHOD I HAVE BEEN USING.

Jon Bain

Reaction score
Believe it or not yes it does.  Keep in mind the box lid actually lays on or touches the face of the camera.  The glass has to be put on the outside because of this.  This little corner of self adhesive weather stripping molds itself around the camera body eliminating any flash bleed.  It is just a perk of the compact size.  Believe me, it is a tight fit.

(Edited by Jon Bain at 6:45 pm on Jan. 16, 2002)

troll

Reaction score
Jon,

I somewhat modeled my camera after yours.  Where did you get your straps?

Jon Bain

Reaction score
Sorry it took so long to get back troll.  The straps on the camera in the picture are some I had taken off of a back pack, but I found a couple of good ones I now use from Wal-mart.  In the section that has all the camping supplies like mess kits, camp shovels, Colman stuff.  They have some nylon straps that work great.  I cut the strap in half and pop rivit it to each side of the box.  There is a little better strap in the section where the hitches are located at.  It is just a utility strap, but the buckle part is metal rather tan plastic.  I have one of these too and it works real well.

Top Bottom